Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reflections on the night...

As I sit in bed this morning thinking of all that I have to be thankful for I can’t help but smile and just say “Thank you God”. He has gotten us through thick and thin and blessed us with a beautiful day full of love and two healthy sweet baby boys.

The night seemed a little longer than usual and I found myself up about every 30 minutes to an hour and honestly I didn’t mind because I can push my pain meds twice an hour. Ryan and I went to bed around 11 knowing the boys are in good hands with the NICU team and have God watching over them continuously. I feel pretty certain that he got good nights sleep because he was sawing logs most of the night. It’s funny because all my little men sleep with their mouths wide open.

The nurses came in at 5 this morning to draw blood from me just to make sure all is ok. I feel a lot better than I did last night. While I am still a little stiff and my stomach is rather sore tried to move around last night as much as possible. The my wonderful nurse Karen and Ryan helped me sit up on the side of my bed and that was a little painful because my legs were still so heavy and felt like dead weights.

This morning I feel pretty good so far. Still in a little pain but that is to be expected. I hope that I can prove to myself that I can walk and get up and around by 9 or 10 so I can be wheel chaired down to see my little buddies this morning. I have looked at their pictures about 100 times, but it’s not as wonderful as the feeling of being right there at their crib side. I love my 3 little men so much. I know now that God gave me little boys because of Ryan. It’s the most precious thing ever to see his face light up when he talks about his “sons”. I see the 3 of them having some good guy times later in life and that makes me smile.

After we check in with NICU this morning I’ll let you know if there’s any changes that occurred over the night with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment