Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well it’s looking pretty good that Baby J will be home tomorrow evening. Ryan and I are thinking that we will just bring him home when we go up to see both of them after he gets off work and just bring him home after we visit with Reece too. I called this morning and they said J hasn’t been bleeding from his circumcision and did pretty good last night. He passed his car seat test and also his hearing test without any problem. He was one unhappy little boy when he woke up after the circ. He was sound asleep when Dr. Rowe rolled him back to us but it was also time for him to eat so needless to say I had a hungry baby in some pain and who was also trying to go poop while feeding. He is still working on the breast feeding so needless to say he got frustrated really quick so I grabbed him a bottle instead. He was screaming at the top of his lungs to the point his little lip was quivering. I ended up standing up with him and swaying and talking to him while the bottle was being ready and this calmed him a little. It was the type of scream you see kids do in stores or out in public and the parents look like they just want to run away. Ryan did actually but it was because he needed to go to the bathroom and I stayed with Baby J for the rest of the feeding. Once we got a bottle (and a half) in him as well as a fresh diaper on he was content and I rocked him till he fell asleep in my arms. For the first time I really felt like I was needed and that he wanted to be with me as opposed to the nurses who were trying to help him. Poor baby…if I would have had my own car and would have been closer to home I would have stayed with him all night long just so that he could be held if he felt that way again. I knew that wouldn’t fly with Ryan to leave me there and he needed to get home to go to sleep so he could get up for work this morning so we left a little after 11.

Brining home one baby and having another still in the NICU is not going to be fun. Ryan isn’t comfortable with anyone watching them just yet and I am not comfortable with the idea of just anyone watching them and know if one person does everyone will think they too will need to. So sadly as a result of they will be staying with Mommy and Daddy a lot and Ry and I will be switching off each night with one of us going to Webster and the other staying at home with Jason till he comes home. I guess you have to make your compromises and for now this will work. The nurses have also warned us against taking them out in public because their immune systems are still “fragile”. I think this has Ryan more concerned than me but they say its best to keep visitors to close family for at least a month or two once they are home and to make sure everyone including us is sanitizing frequently. I personally question the visitor policy but completely agree they need to stay home and if anyone wants to see them they will have to come here. Ugh I foresee lots of headaches in the near future (like in 24-36 hours)…

I am looking forward to my big boy being home and now I need to finish cleaning up and getting everything together. Ryan and I still need to put together the co-sleeper and arrange a few things to make sure all of our ducks are in a row. I am so ready for both boys to be here cord and wire free so I can hold and love on both of them at the same time. Yesterday I had my first encounter with feeding them at the same time. Typically Reece doesn’t want to tackle the last little bit of his bottle and yesterday was one of those days. I had Jas beast feeding and at the same time I had Ashley give me Reece so I could get him to take the last little bit. Needless to say both babies went right to town and I was feeding and burping one while keeping the other busy sucking away. It was pretty comical! Here are a few pictures from the day… also as a side note to all of my DG girls who are going to Korts wedding I plan on going and Ryan has offered to babysit sooooo YAY I can't wait to see you all and Kortney is going to look BEAUTIFUL!

"I woof you" cute onsie my sister &
I bought so he would have something warm
till Dad got there but its was a little snug.
Chunky Monkey J!

Mommy & Reece

Baby Reece

Double up! Both babies feeding...
Not bad, huh?

My snuggle buddy!

Baby J & the WONDERFUL Dr. Rowe after J's circ.
Preemie outfits on both of the boys.
J has nearly outgrown preemie and R
hasn't gorwn into any of it!
Sleepy boy :)

My little thumb sucker. Sometimes he
puts both thumbs in his mouth. It looks
like he is praying when he does it.
"Thank you God for letting me be healthy!!!!"

I'm still so little lol

No comments:

Post a Comment