Thursday, July 2, 2009

Poopy Diapers & Happy Babies

I was able to get up this morning to shower and go all of my IV’s and cords removed off of me. They gave me pain medication that dos the trick pretty well. It consists of just two little pills. They gave me one dose this morning and around 1:30 I was requesting a second dose because I could feel the pain coming on. As it turns out they are brining it at 2:30 so I am going to hold off till then.

The boys are doing really good. They both seemed pretty happy and content when we visited earlier today. We might see some changes by this afternoon as we haven’t checked the most recent doctor orders because when we were down there they hadn’t yet been posted. I got to feed Reece by tube in his little crib. He is still taking just 4cc’s at his feedings. I also got to change Jason’s diaper which he wasn’t too happy about. He had a poopy and of course just as I put the fresh little diaper under his little red but he exploded with some more. (Told ya he favors his Daddy)

We left early to come pump but still no luck however we both seem to think I am getting closer. No worries I am not giving up nor am I frustrated. It all takes time and in good timing my little boys will have all they need. The nurse said that possibly by this afternoon we could hold Reece chest to chest. They are also looking to switch Jason from the bubble to oxygen by nose so that he too will become more stable and can be held sooner. Right now its hard to move him around because of the bubble and he crawls up in it and gets very frustrated because he can’t seem to figure out how to get his shoulders back out. I told him he looks like a little puppy dog in that thing! He is so darn cute.

Looking forward to the doctors orders and I am enjoying my day with just Ryan and my boys. It has been very relaxing and the nurses let us do so much more without all the extra hands and bodies around. I am able to walk from crib to crib so its great being able to move around freely. Still no word for sure about being released tomorrow but I have a pretty good feeling that will be the case. Ryan and I are waiting to meet with the hospital social worker about local/temp housing for parents of NICU babies (out of town). The insurance company didn’t have anything to offer and even if not we intend to just get a hotel on our own tomorrow and just stay there rather then going home for the weekend so that we can be close by and come and go as we please.

Only 9 more minutes until I get my drugs and then I am going back down to see my boys. Hopefully tonight I can read to them. Last night Jason was a little over stimulated with all the moving around so we thought it would be best to wait and not stress him out anymore. Must go and wake Daddy from his nap and maybe grab a little snack before we head downstairs.




No comments:

Post a Comment