Thursday, July 16, 2009

Goodbye Baby J's Feeding Tube!

It’s late, I’m tired, and this is going to be short and sweet. Jason is on 3rd base making his way towards home while Reece is rounding second and quickly approaching 3rd. Today was a really good day. Mom and I spent the day at the hospital with the boys till about 3 this afternoon and then I had someone on one till Ryan got there at 7. The boys made great strides in their progress. Jason is now on 8 bottle feeds a day and was taken off his feeding tube. Once he proves he can tolerate all the feeds he will be moved to an open crib, will be given his hearing test, car seat test and be circumcised. Go baby J! As for Reece he was moved from 4 to 6 bottles today and is starting to gain weight. He is a little over 3lbs! The end to all of this seems to be getting closer. Nobody can say for sure when or just how much longer but if I had my guess Jason has a week tops and Reece maybe two weeks. Of course I wasn’t always right on when it comes to the guessing game…only the big man upstairs seems to know that one.

While we have been very blessed with our boys please pray for Ryan and I. It seems like there’s always something going on. His car started leaking antifreeze this week which means its going to need to be fixed and on the way home tonight a wooden object appeared from nowhere out from under a truck ahead of us and blew up all over the front end of my car. We weren’t hurt, but our hearts did stop. My car has a lot of scratches on the front end and a fairly large dent now which will need to be fixed one day. I know these sound like very small things but on top of the stress of daily trips to see the boys, them being in the NICU and other small things it all adds up and at times I think Ry & I are going to loose it! Just pray that God continues to watch over us, keep us safe and healthy and still little by little provides guidance to show us what He wants us to do next.

Ok it’s time to bring a good day with a bad ride home to an end and get some sleep fo 2 ½ hours before the alarm sounds…Oh and have I told you lately that I have the cutiest babies in the whole hospital and maybe even in the whole wide world. I just adore and love them to pieces because they wash my blues away and make me feel content when I have them in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment