Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Going To See My Boys

The nurse yesterday said no babies and no milk for 2-3 days and extra protection…the nurse last night was still giving the milk I had pumped and didn’t act like it was a problem…the nurse this morning said it should be ok since I am on antibiotics…

I asked the nurse practitioner to call me and apparently on of the really sick babies in the NICU is having a lot of surgeries today so they have been pretty toed up. She asked the NP about me visiting and the milk and she said all was fine. So much for all that I have dumped out and luckily I am smart enough to realize “hmmm somebody might not know what they are talking about so I will save today’s entire pumps just in case.”

With that being said, Ryan and I are visiting tonight. I can hold for a short amount of time and really any time with the boys without doing harm makes Mommy happy and excited. Tomorrow I will go down later in the afternoon to drop of milk after I get my hair done. Ryan’s mom is supposed to be stopping by at some point, but I may or may not be there. All will depend on what happens this evening, how soon my hair gets done and what’s on the agenda with Ryan. I go back to the doctor on Friday morning. My incision is still oozing fluid but not as heavily as the other night and all of the redness and the extra puffy look as gone down. I can’t wait to see my little boys! I plan to stay all day on Friday and that afternoon my parents are coming by before Ryan gets off work and heads down. Maybe just maybe, the boys will be co-sleeping. I can’t wait for them to be able to be together again, but at the same time visitors are going to be even more complicated over the weekend if they are co-sleeping because that means either Ryan or I have to sit out and only one person at a time can wash up and go in…we will see how that goes. I know there are still lots of my family who want to come meet the fellows! Ryan and I are hoping to get a hotel again this weekend, but are going to wait and see what happens for the rest of the week and try and book something on Friday I guess. No new updates or orders on the boys…still eating, pooping, peeing, and sleeping just like they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment