Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day One Recap

Today has been good for both Jason and Reece. They were moved from level 3 to level 2 today which means for the most part they are stable and well. We all had lots of visitors today including some friends, my family, Ryan’s Mom and Granny Jean. Tomorrow Ryan and I are going to take a day to ourselves so we can spend some one on one time with the boys, so please no visitors for the day.

Updates on Reece:
Reece got his first bath yesterday and looked so fresh and so clean this morning. He is breathing a little heavy but they haven’t put him on oxygen so far which is great. He also got his first feeding today. As of the last time we went down he was on his second feeding of 4cc’s. Go Reecers go! Also on a positive note this morning (before the feed) they changed his first poopy diaper. We pray that he can keep his food and can begin growing so that eventually he can suck/breathe/eat and master bottle feeding. Obviously they aren’t pushing it too much yet but we hope in a few weeks he will get there. For now we are ok with the feeding tube because it is a big step. He has lost one ounce which also isn’t a concern. Even though he is eating and doing his thing, he also uses a lot of energy to do basic tasks that keep him alive.

He is so precious though. He stretches his skinny little red legs and gets a little fussy from time to time when he can’t get comfortable. Today they gave him a soothie and the little soothie was about the size of his face. When he started crying later I got to take it out of his mouth and I found it a little scary because I was afraid I would hurt him. He’s my little angel and my fighter.

Updates on Jason:
Jason hasn’t yet had a bath because he is still getting a little bit of oxygen from his bubble. It worries me because when I with him it seems like he struggles to breathe and his little sensors go off. I have only been down two times so while it bothers me, Ryan is used to it and knows when its serious and when its not. He’s been on about 30% oxygen give or take a little here and there. They hope that by Friday the fluid will clear up and he can drop the oxygen. I told him today that he needs to toughen up because Mommy doesn’t like to worry about him. He grunted a little and I think it was his way of saying Hush Mom. I told him to do what he needed to do and I understood because when I was having him even I asked for a little oxygen. (ha ha) Jason isn’t eating yet but is getting fluids through an IV. He is a little puffy and swollen because is retaining some of the fluid, but again its nothing too serious or he wouldn’t be in level 2. Since he was born he too has had a poopy diaper so that is also good news!

Today he was a little cranky and it seemed like he couldn’t get comfortable. My sister said when she went down with Ryan Jason would cry and then when Ryan would talk to the nurse (or to him) he would be quiet and listen. He is a spitting image of Ryan. I just love sitting next to him and watching his sweet little self. When I look at him all I see is Ryan.

Mommy Updates:
I am doing pretty good. I am still pretty puffy and fluffy. I experienced a lot of pain when I got up the first time today but Ryan got me a wet rag and once my muscles relaxed I was better. I have tried pumping now a total of four times but am still unable to get much of anything. The lactation woman said that it usually takes a few days and not to give up. Plus being on bed rest can sometimes slow down your milk from coming in. I am hoping though that I can start getting at least a little since Reece is eating. As for my incision it’s a little painful sometimes more than others. I am getting up now with a little assistance and come morning I should be good enough to take a shower.


Cutting this short because I am going to go potty and then Ryan and I are heading down to see the boys because the NICU opens again at 8. Bedtime story tonight is Good Night Moon:)

I’ll add pictures tonight after I finish giving love to my boys. I already added them all to facebook so if you have it you can go on there and check them out from both today and yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment