Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yet again another wonderful baby shower weekend surrounded with close family and friends. This weekend my parents put on a big “BABY-Q” Baby Shower for Ryan and I both accompanied by his Dad’s family and mine from all over! Mom and Dad got up at the crack of dawn to start cooking on 3 large BBQ pits and by 3 we had all the ribs, chicken, sausage, brisket, potato salad, coleslaw and more you could imagine with the help of some of my family too! The day consisted of sitting outside (and inside to escape the heat) while enjoying each others company. It was so wonderful to have so many of my family members drive in from out of town just for the occasion. All 3 of my cousins and their families from Austin came in as well as my cousin from the Dallas area. It was nice to have everyone around since it is a rare occasion to have both sides of the families here at the same time! Ryan’s grandparents, aunt, brother and dad also were able to come which was nice because they hadn’t even met my parents yet. They also brought an adorable carrot cake which was a huge hit (and gone!). Grandma Judi I think is just as excited about being a great grandmother as Grandma (my mom) is.

With both showers now over it is just a matter of waiting on the little guys to get here. I can honestly say Ryan and I both are still in absolute shock of how much love and support we have been shown throughout the pregnancy for both us and the boys. We have everything (and more) that we needed for the boys with the exception of portable waterproof pads, thermometer and a humidifier all of which we are purchasing this week online when we “go” shopping together at Target. We have been blessed with lots of gift cards and cash as well that we have set aside strictly for baby purposes and should be good to go for a while (a long while hopefully).

Thanks again family and friends for all the support, prayers and unconditional love you have shown for the boys and Ryan and I. We can’t even begin to tell you what a beautiful blessing it has been and how excited we are for our little bundles to arrive in just 23 more days! (That’s 3 weeks and 2 days….oh and today I am 33 weeks along! God is good!!!!)

Here are a few pics from the shower. I relaized as I was looking at my pictures that usually I am the picture queen, but its hard to take pictures of yourself so sdaly, I don't have nearly all the pictures I had hoped to of had :( These will do for now...



No comments:

Post a Comment