Monday, June 29, 2009

Time will tell

No updates today since this morning. I was monitored at 3pm like I usually am and was contracting (more than 6 in an hour means call the dr.) so the nurse did and he said as long as she’s not in a lot of pain its all good and he wasn’t concerned. The IV has been a pain in the rear. It was much easier to go to the bathroom without a cord in my wrist! Oh well you do what you got to do.

A million people have asked what time will the c-section will be if they do it tomorrow. I asked the nurse and there is no way of telling if it’s not already on the calendar. Basically she said it will depend on how quickly they can get me back and what time there are openings. Everyone has been freaking out all day long about being here when the babies are born. Like seriously driving several hours…just a reminder again that yes as many people as they want can come to the hospital but obviously at this point we will be in the NICU. They will take them right away and check them in and it will take at least an hour to get them stable and all that before anyone can even see them. Ryan and I toured the NICU yesterday and there are doors that remain locked so you can’t even look in a window because it’s so private.

As far as visiting the NICU we can sign off on grandparents to visit (so Mom, Dad, DeRinda & Jeff) and go back and everyone else has to be accompanied by us and only 2 people at a time per baby so a total of four including Ry & I. NICU is closed 6:30-8 both am and pm. After talking to one of the NICU nurse practitioners Ryan and I decided that it would be best to limit visitors while in NICU to just the immediate family/grandparents for numerous reasons until they become more stable to redue the risk of infection. The more people they are around the more germs their little preemie bodies will be exposed to. Once they get checked in it’s our understanding that we will be able to arrange feedings and a visiting schedule once things settle. So again if you come up to the hospital don’t be upset if you don’t see the boys there’s just a lot of protocols that have to be followed. I will keep you posted…I should see the doctor again around 7:30 or 8 in the am and ill know then how the fluid levels look. I am keeping my fingers crossed they improve I have drank well over 80oz today and have gone through 1 ½ IV bags. Jason needs to get it together so his little brother can grow for a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment