Thursday, June 25, 2009

Better Off Asking an Expert…

So I am having about two contractions an hour and lots of cramping. I am not sure why the cramping is happening if I am not contracting as much as it feels like I am. (What To Expect When Your Expecting didn’t go over that one obviously…) They have had me on continuous monitoring since I got here. One the left I have Jason’s heart monitor, the right is Reece’s and dead in the center is the contraction monitor so needless to say sleeping today has been nearly impossible. The nurse just came in and the FFN they did this morning was negative. I don’t know what that means…in the past it has meant that I am in the clear for two weeks so I am assuming I am good for another two weeks. Dr. Rowe should be in later around 5 and we will talk more about it then. Also from my understanding once I am totally effaced that is when my mucus plus comes out…if I am already a little over 90% it seems as though the timing of all these tests and predictions doesn’t add up, but what do I know?

More news…on a positive note since I am only having about 2 true contractions consistently each hour my nurse called Dr. Rowe and I am now off the monitors. They are going to do monitoring every 6 hours. So it was my understanding that Ill be on from 6pm-12am tonight and then back on at 6am and so on…bless Ryan’s sweet heart. Between monitoring and meds at 9 and 3 around the clock there will be a lot more people in and out than usual. Already warned him and he said he didn’t care he just wanted to be here with me. So yah, that’s it. If Dr. Rowe has anything to add when he comes in later I’ll let you know. I just ordered a turkey and cheese sandwich for dinner oh how I love hospital food. (Gag)

No comments:

Post a Comment