Friday, June 26, 2009

Contractions, Contractions, Contractions

Last night I was full of contractions. Everyone who came in here was saying goodness your blowing the contractions through the roof. Literally some of them were off the screen. About every 40-80 seconds I was having a pretty solid contraction and it looked like on the monitor I was forming valleys. My body tends to contract more as the day progresses and as it gets later. After about 30 minutes I was well past the 6 contractions in an hour rule so my nurse, Debbie, called the doctor on duty. The charts outside said Dr. Goodrum was on call, but luckily Dr. Rowe answered and said that since I wasn’t in a lot of pain (none hardly at all just discomfort) to finish out the monitoring for the hour and he would possibly be putting me on stronger prevental medication come morning. For the first time I felt really nervous about having to call the doctor. I didn’t feel like it was time and I have been told several times that Dr. Goodrum tends to get the ball rolling when you start having contractions like the strip I was having. I was rather petrified that she would pick up and say ok I will be in to do the c-section. Even this morning the nurses and I were chatting and the one who I love said she was disappointed because I wasn’t her patient and then didn’t feel so bad after seeing my contractions…she laughed and said uh-huh I wanted no part in that. My nurse said yah I was certain Goodrum would be up doing a c-section if she was really the one on call. We will see how things go this morning. Again, I still have no idea if it will be today, tomorrow, next week or two weeks from now…the signs however seem to indicate that it could be soon so who knows? I feel better about it all knowing that today we will be having our 4th steroid shot since being pregnant. Luckily since the last set was given around 10 weeks ago they are able to give the boys and I the second series. This should make a huge difference in helping their little lungs and brain stronger and better developed in case they do get here before 36 weeks which is the usual gestational age that babies lungs are in their final stages. If anything changes after seeing Dr. Rowe this morning I’ll post again otherwise I will get up another update on the day either this afternoon or tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment