Saturday, June 27, 2009

NO NEWS is GOOD NEWS!

So obviously nothing too exciting is going on because I haven’t updated. The new medicine seems to be doing the trick. I had 1 contractions last night (big deal) and none today. I got pretty solid nights sleep thanks to ½ of a sleeping pill. I was miserably uncomfortable last night once it got into the later hours of the night and my back was killing me. To help me get comfortable they brought in the drugs which they have offered many times before, but last night I saw yes. I only woke up twice in the night and today I slept till about 11 even though I had to break this morning for breakfast and monitoring. Afterwards though I was right off to sleep again…

Ryan took me out for a stroll in the wheelchair. After I started heading out the door the nurse said Dr. Rowe didn’t put in my orders so we called the doctor on call and she granted me 20 minutes since I wasn’t contractions. Ryan pushed me around the outside of the hospital and to the back parking lot where he was proud to show me that he cleaned his car and installed the car seats. It was pretty cute…he was so excited to show me. At 10 this morning he was asking can we go now but I stayed in bed another hour.

The babies seem to be doing really well also. Their little heartbeats have been out of this world and the strips on them are “beautiful” as the nurses all say. They can’t believe how pretty the curves are that they form…haha it scared me though because I thought all of that up and down seemed weird. I guess that’s why they are the nurses and I am just the patient.

As for a due date…still no change. I was thinking maybe it would happen on Monday the way my contractions were going. However with the new meds it might hold them out for a while longer. I have no idea really. As far as I know he will check me and the babies on Monday and maybe then we will have a better idea…one day at a time for now.

That’s about it for now. Ryan and I have had a great day together today even though we have been bored and pretty chill. Like I said we slept in, went for a stroll, played a round of marbles, got snacks, attempted 3 different cross words and now he’s off for a drive while I monitor. The last week with him has been to die for. He has been in a really good mood and I can tell he’s really excited for babies (and also a little nervous) but it’s absolutely precious to see him light up when he talks about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment