Friday, June 12, 2009

Thoughts & Such

I know I haven’t been updating as much, but to be honest with you, no news is good news in my opinion. I am a day and half away from hitting 32 weeks and every milestone is such a blessing. The boys were really really active at the end of last week and the start of this week, but the past few days they have slowed down. It alarms me at times when I haven’t felt anything in a while. I guess I let my imagination get the best of me. Last night as I laid in bed I asked God just to ease my mind and let me know both babies were doing just fine. Funny how things work…moments later I had two solid kicks from both sides of my belly. The nursery is just about done. My Mom bought shelves to hang on the wall above the changing table this week and my sister painted them. Hopefully I will get them hung over the weekend. We thought we finally found a rug, but not everyone seemed to agree. Ashley took it back today and was on a mission to find another 5x7 solid chocolate shag rug. Rather specific, I know. Tomorrow is the first baby shower at my Aunts house. I am rather excited just to be able to get out of the house and see people. It still blows my mind that I haven’t driven a car in months. The last time I drove was when I came home the Thursday before Easter Sunday in April.

I have also been following and praying for several others little miracle babies in addition to my own who give me hope. The three I have been following include a set of twins up North and a surviving sister of a set of twins here locally. God is good. These sweet babies are still in NICU, but are making improvements. I think I was lead to their stories simply as a way to prepare just in case my boys do have complications in NICU. We have been so very lucky to be blessed with such an amazing team of doctors and nurses and support from friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment