Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIF

It’s Friday which means I am getting close to 29 weeks which is the mark of the 3rd trimester AT LAST! Not to mention it will be a great weekend because its Memorial Day weekend and Ryan has off Saturday & Monday as well as Mom. This evening since Dad will be home one of our good friends Shellby is coming over with her new little baby boy and we are grilling hamburgers. I really enjoy sitting outside in the evenings one everyone is home. It’s so much nicer to be on bed rest here as opposed to the hospital. Here I don’t feel locked away even though I do sit and sleep the vast majority of the day.

The boys nursery is coming along so cute! I love to just go sit in their room, but at the same time it overwhelms me a little because we have boxes among boxes of stuff stacked away in there from car seats to clothes and more. A lot of it is stuff people have generously given us that their kids have outgrown so I need to go through the clothes and start thinking about how I am going to separate and store them by age. I am having second thoughts now about the mobile. At first I wasn’t going to put one in both cribs and planned to supplement with crib toys. Any other Moms want to comment on this? When I was in child psychology I was told that its pointless to have mobiles because for one the babies can’t focus in on them and by the time they can see clearly enough crib toys are a better option because it builds gross motor skills because they have something to reach for and early cognitive skills. Secondly even if you put a mobile in the nursery regardless how high or low it is for them to see, if the objects aren’t laying flat its like looking straight up into the bottom side of a pony or whatever the object might be. SOOOO what’s your take on this? Were any of your kids just really into the mobile or could they careless and it just made the nursery that much more baby-like?

I promise over the weekend to scan all other ultrasound pics I have and to take nursery pictures and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment