Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Babies, Babies & MORE Babies :)

Today is a gloomy day outside but God works in funny ways and sent over a wonderful Mommy and her two little boys to brighten my day! I heard about Kim and her miracle babies early in my pregnancy. We have been in touch by facebook and today she came out to the house with her identical twin boys, Blake and Owen. They are by the far the happiest and sweetest little boys ever and might I add big flirts! Blake and Owen had twin to twin transfusion syndrome and Kim, like me, had a difficult pregnancy. It was so encouraging to able to talk and pray with someone who can relate to all of the joys and fears you have while having complications. In addition to its twice as rewarding to see two adorable blue eyed boys running around grinning ear to ear! God is good and I am so thankful for all of those who have been keeping the boys and I close to their hearts. I ask that you all please also pray for a woman named Kate who delivered twins at 24 weeks. Sadly baby John did not make it, but baby Hallie is fighting and holding on strong. I got this update this morning that I would like to share with all of my baby blog readers.

“I think I am learning that one thing that comes naturally with motherhood - worry. In our situation probably more than most mothers, we KNOW that God is in control and little Hallie is in God's hands, but it is hard not to find something each day to worry about with our tiny little princess. So a mother's prayer requests - that she continues to do well with the lowering of the dopamine, that her digestive tract (tummy, intestines, liver, etc.) will all be strong enough & in perfect condition to take real food (a concern after John's problems) and digest it/pass it out), that her brain bleed will resolve itself and not worsen to cause permanent damage, that her lungs and heart continue to strengthen and handle vent changes, that the doctors and nurses work with God's wisdom in caring for our little girl, that whenever it is time for her chest tube to come out she will stay skinny and not swell, that she keep peeing good, that NO INFECTIONS show up, and I'm sure I could think of more - pretty much, I guess you could summarize that I just pray God continue working miracles in her. This morning's visit was soooo good - I want a lifetime of moments like that.

The other thing that I think comes natural with motherhood is pride :) I have the cutest little girl you ever did see, and she is getting littler and littler everyday - in a good way. Trust me, I am ready to start seeing her chunk up, but with fat and not fluid. Her little perfect hands, feet, toes, nose, mouth - everything about her is beautiful and perfect to me. She is truly 'fearfully & WONDERFULLY made'. I love that doctors and nurses come over and say "good job" to her for recovering so well from the surgeries, and I love the smiles I get from them instead of sad faces.

I hear from someone new each day what a miracle my sweet Hallie is, and so I want you all to know how much Reagan and I thank you for your part in that and praying for her. We also hear more and more how scary her surgeries really were, and that all in the NICU are convinced that prayer and God were at work - this little girl has a testimony and a half, and she is only 4 weeks old. As I told Reagan on Sunday, until she can share it, it is our responsibility to do so and let people know the power of their prayers. KEEP IT UP, my awesome Christian family!!! Our God is an AWESOME God!!”

As Kim was saying to me today…while she was pregnant with Blake and Owen there were so many angels looking over her. People she didn’t even know were praying and reaching out to her. This is so true! I have found that word of mouth is often the best way to spread prayer requests so please even though I do not know Kate or baby Hallie, I am certain that like Kim and I, all prayers are appreciated!

For the rest of the day I am going to relax. I have been go go go so it seems for the last little bit. Currently I am monitoring again because this morning I had 6. I still am not feeling the contractions, but if I must re-monitor then so be it. I go back to the doctor on Friday and Ryan is taking off work to stay with me for the day because Ashley and Mom will be in Dallas at my best friends wedding!!! Melissa, I cannot believe you will be getting married in a little over 48 hours! I am so sad I can’t be there but hope to be seeing you soon and know you will be a beautiful bride and the wedding will be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment