Thursday, May 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home Continued...

Ok I promised to update last night but I just didn’t get around to it. I came home yesterday as I mentioned before. Dr. Rowe came in on Wednesday morning and gave me the okay to go home since the NNF test came back negative and my cervix was still long. The best part of the morning was when the ultrasounds tech was monitoring the dopplers on Reece Dr. Rowe walked in and said “We don’t need to look at A we know his is good lets just check B real quick.” That was exciting because we were look at Reece already and not Jason! Reece’s artery the last few times has been looking much better. The one still has a little resistance but is still getting better. Dr. Rowe acted surprised and said it could be that as he grows and gets strong so will all of the bodily functions that pump that blood in and out of him. Fingers are crossed that is truly the case. Obviously there is no way to tell for sure.

After getting the okay to go home Mom and Ash came up and packed me away. I rolled out of there happy! Yesterday once I got home I crawled into bed and watched Twilight. Personally, for all of my little Twilight craving friends the movie was entertaining, but what was all the hype about it? It reminded me of Harry Potter and there’s just something with imagination and fantasy that I don’t relate well to. I spent the rest of the evening eating dinner, looking at the TONS and TONS and TONS of baby clothes people have bought. I am certain that I am stocked on newborn and preemie clothes for now. I have about two drawers of onsies, little tops and bottoms and maybe a handful of clothes for after 6 months. One thing is for sure they won’t have to wear anything twice once they are first born and they will always look super cute, but after their first birthday they might only be wearing a diaper haha.

I am doing my own home monitoring for contractions. Last night I only had 1 in the hour. This morning I had 5 so I had to redo another hour just a few moments ago and only had 2. It’s much nicer though to do it at home on my own time rather than in the hospital bed. Oh and I didn’t have 7am vitals which was nice or a tray of nasty food brought to me at 7 am. Instead Mom made me an English muffin with egg and cheese, a english muffin with jam and fresh strawberries and pineapple. MUCH BETTER! I will still be going to Clear Lake twice a week for check ups and baby monitoring. I am scheduled to go next Tuesday at 1pm and then again on Friday at 8:30am. I don’t look for much to change if I do what I am supposed to at home which I will! Thanks for all the prayers and welcome home text messages and emails! Love you all for keeping us in your thought. Jason and Reece have been very active and Jason usually wakes me every morning with a nice swift kick in the side. He is one strong little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment