Monday, May 18, 2009

“Maybe Wednesday”

Well the company who provide the at home health care, Matria, called and our insurance approved for me to go home and be released as of today. Obviously I haven’t left yet. My doctor hasn’t given the ok get out of here just yet so it’s a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. When Matria first called I as a little hesitant because they said that it would $82.50 a day for the equipment and my daily co-pay would be $16. I told them I would have to think it over and discuss it first before make a decision to spend another $500 a month when my hospital co-pay of $500 has already been paid. All I could think is it worth another $500-$1000 just to be home or save the money and continue to stay here. A few minutes later she called back and said the co-pay was going to be waived after talking to her supervisor. Needless to say I had already talked to Mom and the insurance should cover %100. When Matria called back the woman checked the files and yes, we are covered. Moments later the insurance company called and said they thought it was great I was able to leave the hospital (Ya, I bet they do!). My at home services have been set for today through July 18th which would put me at 37 weeks which is the longest I will go pregnant.

I paged my nurse and asked her what the plan was since the insurance company wanted to know and she said well I have heard talk but nothing official from Dr. Rowe. Around 4:00 she poked her head in and said these are the words of Dr. Rowe, “Maybe Wednesday”. On Wednesday morning he is going to do another ultrasound, check my cervix and look at all my tracings from the boys today and tomorrow and make a decision. If al continues to go as it has I should be in the clear and be able to be released by the end of the week. My fingers are crossed. It would be so nice to be able to sleep in a real bed, eat real food, and not have to put my family and Ryan driving half around the world constantly to come see me.

As for today I was in a pretty good mood clearly with high hopes. Ryan’s mom came by yesterday and brought me a super cute maternity outfit. I ended up wearing it today and even shaved my legs since it consisted of shorts haha. I ate lots of yummy food also. Mom made vegetable soup, brought me my favorite cereal and made goodies such as banana nut bread and chocolate covered strawberries. I am sure you could guess, but I am about burned with the hospital food and do not eat it. Around noon one of my roomies from college came to stay the day and night and then head back tomorrow. She overdid herself big time with baby gifts! I think she might have baby fever worse than anyone so far. However I am really thankful for all of the cute little outfits and the bouncers she bought! I have added pictures (and the outfit is my new one, cute huh? Minus my plump little face and figure haha)

Well that just about does it for now. Its nearly 7 and I am about to eat dinner and catch the season finale of One Tree Hill. My prediction for the show is that Lucas & Peyton’s baby is born healthy and she doesn’t make it. I only say that because of all the rumors of her leaving the show. I swear if she goes the show is done for! Continue to pray for my little champs and that God guides all of us in the right direction even if that means staying here rather than going home this week. …and that Ryans dog didn’t just eat someone alive. We were on the phone and he suddenly had to go and the dog was going nuts in the background. I really hate that dog and yet he loves it. I don’t understand, but whatever. I am glad only cats have 9 lives and not dogs!








No comments:

Post a Comment