Friday, May 29, 2009

C-Section For Sure :(

Today I visited the doctor again. Ryan and I got up this morning and left at 6:30 and had breakfast at IHOP. Yum yum yum! I am only days away from 30 weeks and after visiting today Dr. Rowe seems to think that I should hopefully make it to 36 weeks if all continues as is and I don't go into pre-term labor. I asked him about my birth plan and if he thought I would have a c-section. He laughed and said "I don't think, I know you are going to have a c-section". He said hes one of few OB's who actually push for vaginal delivery with twins, but says in my case its too risky for Reece. He said without doing the c-section we are taking a risk of putting him in harms way by adding all of the extra stress rather than quickly going in and getting him out. So boo for the scar and for having to be on lock down after the surgery, but I am willing to exchange that for carrying to 36 weeks and increasing my odds of having two healthy babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment