Saturday, May 16, 2009

Such a beautiful but yet gloomy day...

Today absolutely sucks. It is beautiful outside and I feel like there isn’t anybody else even alive it’s been so quite and still all morning in the hospital. Ryan left this morning to go to work and is now off to College Station to help my Dad get Ashley’s stuff for the summer. Mom is busy at home and Ashley is house sitting for family members who are out of town in Florida. It must be nice. (…to be in FL, not house sitting lol). Everyone else is busy or too far to even stop by.

The window is tinted in my room and the sky still appears crystal blue and the sunshine is beaming through the window. If I had free reign to do what I wanted even while in the hospital I would seriously put on my swimsuit, get an Icee, take my book outside, and sit at the front entrance and just soak up the warm sunshine or a couple of hours while pouring sweat from the blistering sun. Summer time is my favorite time of the year and to be locked away from it is awful.

Last night I had more contractions. It’s so bizarre to me because lately I haven’t even been feeling them, where before it felt like mild cramps. Dr. Rowe is out of town camping and told me on Friday to be on my best behavior this weekend because he wouldn’t be on call to deliver babies. Luckily Dr. Goodrum has been around and this morning she reviewed the strip and didn’t seem to be too worried since the FFN test was negative and I am not showing signs of being ready yet. I honestly think it’s the babies and not me. Yes, I am already blaming them. They have been so rambunctious the last few days. Jason should be born with a black belt and ready to break bricks by the time he gets here. His movement is so swift and strong. At times it even makes me twitch because it’s so alarming. As for my little Reecers, he is still like my little hummingbird whose wings are fragile and delicate. I feel him in there. He moves rapidly but it feels like small flutters between my ribs. Wouldn’t they love to read this when their about 16…the “black belt brick breaker” and the “hummingbird” ha poor babies, I have already built a complex for both of them.

On days like today when it’s lonely and boring I find my mind dazing off dreaming of all the things that I wish I could be doing…and for a split second in-between thoughts I have very vivid pictures of all the little things I hope to one day do with the boys. I am excited for the baby stage, but I think I am even more excited for the toddler stage. When they are finally old enough to walk and move around and start saying cute little things and actually participate in active play will be so much fun. Ha and I am sure tiring for me chasing those two little rascals around. Dr. Rowe warned me that they are going to be little pistols judging from how active they already are. On Thursday when I had my ultrasound the tech asked if I had names. When I told her yes, Jason and Reece, Dr. Rowe laughed and said “yup get over here JR”. I laughed and said nooooo there will be no Junior or Bubba. Dr. Rowe laughed and said well hunny you’re not from Texas then. The tech, who is Hispanic, laughed and said well in Texas today its Juan and Hose. Then the two of them went off laughing saying “Ohhh there is a baby” and the nurse said “which one” in a Spanish accent and Dr. Rowe said no that’s not Juan…it was funny. Maybe you had to be there.

Ok I am rambling again…back to my doing nothing I suppose for about another 6 to 7 hours till Ryan gets here. Blah I won’t even get to go outside today because by the time he gets here it will already be dark!

1 comment:

  1. Being inside when its beautiful sucks. I wouldn't know- its been yucky ALL day today here in Killeen. You must be a naturalistic learner like me haha. As for your contractions- maybe you're just one tough woman so thats why you cant feel them!! Thanks for the email on digital scrapbooking I will definitely be looking into that. Hope today is better for you. Feel free to call and rant anytime!

    ReplyDelete