Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Am I going home? I should know tomorrow!

I hate to put it like this but quit frankly I am going to be one pissed off patient if I am not released tomorrow to go home and take my own meds and do my own self monitoring. Luckily today I only had 1 contraction and last night wasn’t anything to worry about either. A lot of people have said ohhh yay I am so glad the boys are going to be healthy. A little clarification…I am not getting to home because of there no longer be any problems with both myself and the boys. The fact of the matter is the FFN test came back negative saying nothing in the next two weeks should happen and I am nearly 29 weeks which means nothing should happen till over 30. So basically Reece is still small and while his blood flow has been looking better it’s not “fixed” and can’t be fixed. I have been here to keep me from going into labor before 30 weeks where one of both babies would not likely survive outside the womb. In response to some of your questions, yes, Reece is still looking at being small, premature babies is still likely as well as the NICU for complications.

Today was a pretty good day. Sarah was here for the majority of the morning and then my sister came up for a few hours to have lunch with me and we played Banana Grams (Thanks to Kris & Sara). I am keeping my fingers crossed that in the morning I get good news and can STAY home till it’s really time. I am sure with my family they will keep me more “bed rested” than what I need. I will be interested to here what Dr. Rowes orders are if I am released. Today I also started thinking about baby showers. My cousins in Austin, Mom/Dad/Ashley and Aunt Laurie are all talking about throwing one. One would be at my house for mainly family and then I think an all womens at Laurie’s. We were going to do just one at my house on June 20th but it turned out to be a little over 90 people if they were to all come and that just doesn’t really work out. It was interesting thinking about having everyone together. I think instead of baby showers we should place bets on who draws blood first from whom. (Only kidding, well, kinda?) Not going to worry about it though…you only have so many baby showers and only so often do you have twins and get to celebrate the rollercoaster of a ride its been.

I am on the monitor now. Of course the hospital would get new ones for antepartum right before I might be released. Monitoring now is much less of a hassle. The new monitor is much strong and it takes about 3-5 minutes to get the babies on as opposed to 30 minutes up to 2 hours like I have experienced in the past. Also this morning I could feel Jason had the hic-ups. His movements have become even stronger. I can actually sit and watch little bumps move around from time to time rather just feel it. Ashley said it’s a little freaky, and I’m not going to lie it is. At times if it’s a really hard kick or head-butt (whatever it might be) it seriously looks like the baby is going to break out of the skin! Pray that all goes well till morning and that I can continue a safe pregnancy at home please. I feel pretty certain my time has come and I should at least get out on bail!

No comments:

Post a Comment