Sunday, May 17, 2009

Goal #1 Achieved

When I first found out about bed rest and after talking with doctors and the insurance company my first obtainable goal was to keep these babies locked away till I reached at least 28 weeks. That was nearly 5 weeks ago and today marks the start of my 28th week of pregnancy. The next goal is to get to 32 weeks. That four weeks from now or a month depending on how you want to look at it. One month here in the hospital has nearly passed (tomorrow) and as miserable, bored, and lonely as I have been the last few days, what’s another month? Hopefully if all goes well and I can at least get to 32 weeks that would put Jason in the clear for pretty much everything and home pretty quickly after what will probably only a short stay in the NICU. As for Reece if I were to deliver at 32 weeks and he were to stay on the growth curve he has been on then we would be looking at his gestational age to be 32 weeks but measuring closer to 28 or 29 weeks in gestational development. That little guy needs to grow but at least 28 or 29 weeks is better than what we were looking at 5 weeks ago and not even having a chance. So for now, it looks like I need to stay locked away for another month and continue to push to reach goal number two!

Ryan finally came back a little after 8 yesterday evening. I was in a horrible mood all day long and was beyond bored. I think I broke down crying a good 5 or 6 times. Not to mention I had steam blowing out my ears because the people in the room next to me tend to slam there doors constantly. In one hour I counted the door slam 15 times! I mentioned it to one of the nurses but they said due to the latches on the doors it’s hard to control. Plus whoever it was going in and out (a visitor) was on crutches so you not only heard the door, but also the crutch noise on the tile floor making a “clackity-clack” sound. AH! It drove me nuts. The nurses said last night they had to send several down to L&D because they were 5 and 7 cm dilated. I am hoping she was one of them and is gone now.

As for today I am still kind of in a funk. Currently I am on the monitor. Ryan left to go watch the Rockets at home with one of his buddies. In about 4 hours his Mom is going to come by and then my parents will be by later this evening and Ryan tonight. My old roomie from Tyler is going to be in town on Monday around 11. I am thankful for that. During the day it is so boring. Hopefully the weather will be nice and Sarah can take me for a stroll outside and will be up for playing some games or something. We shall see. For now I am on the monitor. My contractions were slightly painful last night. They felt like a bad case of period cramps. My nurse was about 20 minutes after 9 on giving me the prevental and the 3 o clock dose was given me to a little early. I am sure the meds had worn off and that’s what was causing the rapid little mountains to pop up on the screen. If I lay flat on my side, take deep breathes and close my eyes it feels much better. So far today I haven’t had any. I have another ultra sound in the morning and possibly more pictures. They gave me a few on Thursday of feet and head profiles, but I feel like they look just the same as they did on Monday so I didn’t bother with adding them. Babies don’t tend to usually change in appearance in a matter of 4 days. Oh and no 3D ultrasound machine in the hospital, just at the doctors office so I am out of luck there  Okay I think that’s enough updates for now. They just brought me another apple with peanut butter to add to my collection…YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment