Saturday, August 1, 2009

Maybe today...

I haven’t updated since Thursday…really? I had to check the blog myself to see where I left off. I guess I am a bit of a slacker and consumed with other little tasks these days haha. Well I had mentioned Thursday that Reece should be home tomorrow and that didn’t happen. We waited and waited and then the nurse finally called and said the doctor wants him to grow a little more and he won’t be discharged. He had his car seat challenge on Thursday night while I was there and later his hearing screen. He had to redo the hearing screen because he was unresponsive in one ear but when they readministered the screening he did just fine. Yesterday he was 4lbs and 2.8 ozs. That is great because he gained about 3 ozs overnight. The nurses keep telling me what a great eater he is so hopefully he will keep chowing down.

As for Baby J, he had his first doctors appointment (aside from the NICU) yesterday. He was very well behaved both in the car and at the doctors office. He wasn’t too happy though when they stripped him down to his diaper and the doctor start moving him around. It’s funny because even when he cries he looks so darn cute because his bottom lip will quiver. He now weighs 6lbs 14oz and is 19 3/4in long! He is growing really fast. Preemie clothes no longer fit him which really stinks because the boys have so many cute matching preemie clothes. I don’t know if there will ever be a time (at least anytime soon) where J & R can match and not have to buy one of the outfits in a larger size. Of course I am ok with that. Dressing them a like is a cute concept but to me they are two totally different babies and they don’t feel like twins. Maybe that will change when I am around the both of them once they are both home but for now it feels like I gave birth separately to both of them.

Fingers are crossed that today the doctors will feel Reece is ready. Also I have another Mommy who I would like all of my blog readers to pray for. Please lift up Heather and Adam and their new little baby boy. She experienced some sudden complications and was only 32 weeks along (two weeks less than me) and had to have an emergency c-section. I don’t know all the details and the details right now aren’t important but please just ask God to watch over this precious baby and allow healing and growth for the baby, wisdom for the doctors and nurses, and of course support for the parents as they experience the rollercoaster of a ride the NICU can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment