Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Due Date!

Today marks my actual due date and I guess you could say that BOTH babies have arrived at home nearly 6 weeks old! Yes, we brought Reece home today. I was told yesterday it was a possibility and then this morning they said he probably wouldn’t get to come home due to filling his prescription. Around noon the hospital called and said that he was going to be discharged today!

The weekend was rather exciting. On Friday Jason had his first outing with Mom & Dad. I had some errands to run in Humble and needed to go to the bank so Ry and I took him with us and he really seemed to enjoy the car and stroller ride. Needless to say with his brother being home that will be his last big outing for a while.

On Saturday I had plans to go to a wedding so Ryan was in charged on Baby J. My roomie Melissa was here in town and we got all dolled up and left for the wedding while Ryan took J over to his Mom’s house for several hours. I left the wedding around 11:30 and came back home to my boy and did the late night feedings. The wedding was a blast. I LOVED getting to see all of my friends from Tyler or should I say some of them. Kortney looked beautiful as always, but had an extra little pep in her step and sparkle! The wedding was so beautiful and it was honestly the best time I have had in the last 9 months.

Today we slept in. Jason ate a little after midnight again around 4 and then slept till around 9 which was beautiful! I actually got some sleep. Once he was up I let him stay downstairs with Mom and Ashley and Ryan an I stayed in bed for a little longer. Once we were up I scrambled some eggs for Ry and then a few of my sorority sisters came by to see Baby J and we headed for the hospital shortly after they left. We purposely decided not to tell my Mom and just come home with Reece and be like “hey we have a visitor”. Ha she about flew out of her seat when Ryan rounded the corner with him in the carseat. It was pretty funny, but I don’t think she found it too funny.

When we went to get Reece he was wide awake and looked at us like he was wondering what in the world is going on. He was pretty good on the car ride home. He had one reflux episode on the way home which was fun so we stopped and bought some more “nose suckers” just so we could be sure we had a few laying around the house for those just in case moments. We also got to stop and see Ryan’s dad who bought the boy precious little rompers that say Thing 1 and Thing 2. They will have to grow into them but they will look cute! He was planning to meet up with us at the hospital, but since we had to do discharge that didn’t exactly happen…

Now that we are home we have to get the boys on a schedule. When we put Reece & Baby J together, J just looked at him like hey I know you! It was funny the way he looked at him made me seriously think that he recognized Reece. His eyes were glued on him. The two of them side by side makes me laugh and also worry even though I don’t believe I have a reason to. Jason is twice Reece’s size. Reece doesn’t have near the strength Jason does. J can nearly hold his head up with little support and Reece is still like handling a brand new newborn baby. It’s kind of weird. I still don’t think of them as twins. I don’t really have pictures of them together but will put that on the to-do for tomorrow. For now they are both sleeping and I am going to get a few hours before midnight so I can take over for the 4am feeding. I have a feeling I will be up a lot tonight till we get settled in again.



No comments:

Post a Comment