Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Acid Reflux

I was asked today if I still update my blog. Ha. Yes, I do but I don’t have the same free time now days as I use to when I was on bed rest and restricted from life. So as of now Reece is still not home. We have been in an open crib for a full week come tomorrow and usually after 24 hours in the open crib the baby is discharged. Now when we hear” maybe tomorrow”, “possibly tomorrow” or “very soon” I just kind of laugh and Ryan gets highly annoyed…oh well what can you do? They are keeping him still to monitor the acid reflux and spitting up. So far so good! When I called this morning the nurse said the nurse practitioner had mentioned maybe more tests but I am waiting on her to call me with orders from the doctor so I will know more. When I asked her about discharge she didn’t seem to think today, but I am hopeful.

This morning my sister and I took Jas to the doctor also for some spit up issues. His aren’t near as severe as Reece’s but defiantly projectile and lots of wet burps after feeds. (YUCK) The doctor recommended us putting him on rice cereal so we will be adding 1 teaspoon to every 2 ounce feed. I was a little nervous at first because on Friday he was 6.14 and today he was 7.10. The nurse acted like I was overfeeding him and that’s what I thought too when I saw the scale but the doctor assured me he has healthy eating habits and the spitting up shouldn’t cause any serious health problems such as dehydration since he is gaining weight properly.

As for sleeping…well we are still working on tricks here and there with Jason. I learned that the reason he doesn’t like sleeping on his back has to do with the acid reflux. It causes the tummy to be more upset and when babies are on their tummy sleeping its soothing. PROBLEM IS everyone and their mom recommends not putting babies to sleep on their tummy due to SIDS. Luckily Jason does like his car seat or appears to so far…at the moment he is snoozing in the car seat which is placed inside the co-sleeper next to my bed. We are both going to catch a few ZZZ’s peacefully (or at least till the next feeding in an hour).
When all else fails put the kid in the co-sleeper in his car seat!
"hello everyone I'm still here!"
"Aren't I cute?"
Mommy & Reece
Chunky monkey going to the doctor last Fri.

No comments:

Post a Comment