Tuesday, August 4, 2009

testing testing and more testing

The nurse just called with the orders from the doctor. They are going to run an OCRG test (I believe that is the abbreviation but when Googled I didn’t find anything) which will start in a few hours. She said the test involves testing his Ph levels in his tummy and it will run till 5am. Reece shouldn’t have any visitors tonight because he must lay flat for the testing and rest in his little bed. So I don’t look for them to tell us “maybe tomorrow”. In fact they didn’t say that all…I am sure if I know the doctors there they will run the test and end up changing something and want to monitor it for several days just as they have been doing with the thickener. Depending on what the test results show will depend on the treatment involve. Typically she said it results in medication…we shall wait and see! They did say that after his 12pm feeding today he had another spit up episode through the nose. I would much rather this be treated properly at the hospital as opposed to him coming home and us be on pins and needles afraid he will choke. Pray my baby boy does well with the test and that the doctors are able to find the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment