Monday, August 10, 2009

A day in the life...

Well the first 24 hours of having both boys home has now drawn to a close and all and all I guess it wasn’t too bad minus the fussy little munchkin who is a little unhappy right now. The night we brought Reece home Ryan, my sister and I all stayed up. At midnight I crawled in bed and let Ryan and Ashley take over. I got up at 2 and Ryan went to bed about 2:30 and stayed in bed till he had to get up for work at 6:30. I stayed up from 2 till 9 that morning with them and called for back up around 4 when Jason was screaming his head off and it was time for Reece to eat. Needless to say my Mom didn’t mind at all having to hold Baby J.

The morning hours went pretty smoothly too. Both boys slept for the vast majority of the night and morning with the exception of Jason’s 4am crying spell and when it was time to eat. At 9 this morning I went back to bed and slept till about 11 and got up and did the noon feeds. Reece came home on the 4, 8 and 12 schedule so we have been sticking to that for the feedings. I had been trying to adjust Jason while at home to eat every 3 to 4 hours as well and luckily it works out pretty good. Thirty minutes before Reece’s feedings he has to take his medicine for reflux so that’s when we feed Jason and by the time he is done its Reece’s turn. Works like a charm…luckily I have had help and haven’t had to do both boys at a feeding yet, but feel like it would be totally doable if I had to.

Between the 12 and 4 feeding during the day we squeezed in baths and also a little floor time which both of the boys really seemed to enjoy. They would cry and fuss and then suddenly make eye contact on the floor and just chill out together. You can see in the picture that they look pretty happy which is why I was able to get a few good shots of them in their little matching outfits which is one of the only outfits they have in both newborn for J and preemie for Reece.

After dinner I crawled into bed and Ryan watched TV while my Mom, Dad and sister tended to them so that we could rest for the night time hours. I slept till 10 (oops but I probably could have slept till dawn) and then got up and rocked Reece who was not very happy at the time. My sister and I did the midnight feeds while Ryan got some sleep and that brings me to where I am now sitting in the living room with one snoring baby and one fussy baby. Both boys had gas pretty badly earlier so they got a little medicine to get things flowing or should I say to help things stop flowing and that really seemed to do the trick. So that is a day in the life of having two babies at home in a 24 hour time period. Thank goodness for Ryan helping switch out last night and for my parents and sister being so willing to hold, rock and feed when he and I are dead!

Here are a few pictures from floor time today. Haha precious, right?













No comments:

Post a Comment