Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I like these babies better :)

I think somebody must have swapped my crying fussy babies for look a likes today and I don't really want the originals back. They have been sooooo good today...who are these kids? Last night was not a good night and I am going to blame it partly on my mom who said “they are sleeping so good it will be an easy night for you mom” around 10pm. Needless to say by 11 they were wide awake, gassy, and not very happy. They ate at 12am and went back to their fussy ways. By 12:30 I was ready to run away so I put J in bed with me and took Reece down to Ashley who was still awake. I was up off and on with J till about 3 and then at 3:30 Ashley brought Reece up for his medicine and then it was feeding time by 4. After the 4pm feed the boys did ok in their car seats till 7 which was good because it was time for them to get ready to eat anyways. After that feed J went back to bed with me and Reece went in the car seat next to the bed and when he woke up at 10:30 my sister snagged him so J & I could go back to sleep peacefully.

Since the 12:00pm feed the boys have been good as gold. We put them in the crib on their sleep positioners side by side and turned on the mobile. They really seemed to enjoy it until the music went off, but that was an easy crank and fix. Jason started stirring about an hour later and I put him in the swing. Needless to say nearly 3 hours ago they ate and have been content on their own ever since! What a beautiful thing! During that time I should be sleeping but today I showered and also picked up baby stuff that was all over the place, dusted and even ran the vacuum.

Yesterday the boys got to visit with their Aunt Laurie and cousin Shelbi during the day and their Nana and Aunt Ashleigh during the evening hours. The boys love being held and it’s always wonderful to be able to have somebody else keep them in their arms from time to time. Tonight the boys will get to spend some time with Great Grandma Judi, PawPaw Tom & Aunt Jana. They are all very excited because they aren’t seen the boys since the first weekend they were born. Tomorrow we have pedi visits for both boys at 10:20 and then we are going to run errands that Momma wants to do since we are already out and about. I too was supposed to go to see Dr. Rowe for my final visit but had to reschedule for the 19th.

At the visit tomorrow I am going to speak with the Dr. Stanley about the formula for Reece. His spitting up seems to be getting a little bit better with the medicine, but I wonder if maybe he is allergic to something in the formula. His eyes get red, puffy and watery when he eats and only when he eats. I wonder if it has to do with the formula and if the spitting up is linked to it in anyway? I know he has “reflux” but it is not acid reflux. I am not sure if the formula is linked to it but it would make sense since reflux is a matter of a digestive issue. We shall see. I also want him to take a look at the dimple and his penis and see what he thinks in regards to treating these matters. I am sure he will say it will be a matter of time, but it won’t hurt for now.

Alright well its bath time and here are a few pictures from yesterday and this morning!

Good babies sound asleep in their crib for a mid day nap.

I love this...Reece has his hands over his eyes.

Ryans, sister, Mom & the babies!

Nana & the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment