Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ONE YEAR OLD!!!

I found this poem a few weeks ago while scrapbooking and knew right away that it fit my kiddos perfectly.
I thought I would share it with you all.

Birthday Blessings
Instead of counting candles,
Or tallying the years,
Contemplate your blessings now,
As your birthday nears.

Consider special people
Who love you, and who care,
And others who’ve enriched your life
Just by being there.

Think about the memories
Passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small
That have made you who you are.

Another year is a happy gift,
So cut your cake, and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays,
I count blessings every day!"

By Joanna Fuchs


This poem speaks so much truth. Yes, turning one is a big event and a big day, but we have so many more blessings to count than we do candles. Over the past year we have been through many ups and downs as a family with the boys when we started this journey. God continued to provide for us time and time again and has wokred miracles through my sweet little Reece. One year ago today was a day filled with uncertainty. The doctors couldn't say for sure what toll the lack of blood would have on Reece or if he would even survive. At 12:50pm Jason was born weighing 5 pounds 2 ounces and my super baby Reece was born just a minute later at 12:51pm weighing a whopping 2 pounds 12 ounces. It was then that our journey began. I will never forget hearing those tiny little screams that I heard for the first time. Oh how sweet they were...now days those screams aren't nearly as joyfull as they use to be. I would like to share with you a video I made that reflects on the boys over the last year. This video truly captures just how blessed we are and how far we have all come in just one year.


Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

If your anything like me, you weren't able to watch the video just once and you teared up just as much the second time as you did the first time. I just love the part of Reece in the beginning and the boys laughing in the tub! These two little men are my whole world and I can't thank God enough for brining them into my life! Happy Birthday jason and Reece. Mommy loves you more than you will ever know...but you might undertstand it once you have children of your own one day. May God bring you many more blessings and continue to mold you into wonderful young men that you will become one day.

(More postings to come today)

2 comments:

  1. Oh amanda... you sure know how to bring out the tears. The song is just perfect. Your little men are so perfect. What a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bawling after the first time so dont think I want to watch again ;-) Both videos (bath and blanket) are just precious. And that song is perfect. Love the new layout :-)

    ReplyDelete