Friday, June 18, 2010

Choo-Chooed OUT!

Oh boy today was a llllooonnngggg day! I got up at 6 this morning so I could be ready to go at 8 for Reece's appointment in the Woodlands for his follow up surgery post-op check up. Luckily I had Mom along for the ride and she stayed in the waiting room with Mr. J while Reece was checked out. The doctor said he is healing perfectly and we will go back in 6 months for another check-up to make sure all is working still the way it should be.
THEN the train party hunt began. Mom and I had a list of party stuff to get for next weekend and if I never see another train again, that would be ok. Only kidding...I am looking forward to the party, but wow, birthday parties are a lot more work than I thought! We searched high and low for red bandanas today and finally found them by accident. As I was ready to give Mom said to just stop at Dollar General and see. When we pulled up their was a hidden party store in the same shopping center that had a great selection of train stuff aside from Thomas the Train. That was exciting. The boys were troopers. Like I said we left at 8 and didn't get home till about 3:30. When we went into Toys R Us, Reece stayed asleep on my shoulder. Poor guys should sleep like babies tonight!
Also got word that my cousin from Austin and her kids will be coming as well as my cousin from Dallas and her little girl who really isn't little anymore. Either way I am excited that they can make it. I looked at the weather today and the 30% chance of rain has increased to 60%. My fingers are crossed that it doesn't rain!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful party. I'm sure the weather will hold out... you know the reports are never true =)
    I cant wait to see all the cute things you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete