Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Latest

Ok so its been a while (again) since I posted last, but now I should do a better job with keeping up to date because we finally took the plunge and got internet setup at the house which means I clean 10 times faster when the boys are napping so I have more time to check email, blog, and do all of my online things.
So my last post was Galveston and I have more precious pictures to share from the trip, but I am just going to upload them all into the 10-11 month album and get it posted rather than trying to back track and blog everything.

It’s crazy to think all that’s happened just since Galveston. Here are some of the newest milestones and tricks my kids can do:
-Jason shakes his head yes and no. He doesn't know what it means, but it is precious when he does it because he mimics the motion.
-Reece is crawling full speed now and is also pulling up in his crib and on all the furniture.
-Jason can stand without holding onto anything and will take one step but falls over.
-Jason has 4 teeth in and 1 that’s still coming in while Reece still has just one on bottom.
-Both boys hold their own bottles; no luck with the sippy cups. They still hate them!

As for everyone’s health...well both boys passed their eye exam this past week. Doctor said Reeces eyes look excellent and Jason’s are good too. We were a little concerned because sometimes his eyes looked crossed and kind of funny, but the doctor said it’s because he has some feature that pertains to the shape of his nose which makes his eye appear crossed at times, when looking at him from a certain angle. (Whatever?)

The boys go for their 1 year annual on July 1st and Reece has a follow up from his surgery next Friday. Other than that I believe we are DONE with all major doctor runs! AMEN!

In other news the boys will be ONE YEAR OLD on June 30th! I am so excited for them even though they could careless. For me, it’s a big deal. Everyone keeps telling me oh don't mess with a lot of details for a birthday party and this and that because they won't remember it. Well guess what? I WILL and if I want everyone to celebrate then we will because in my opinion there is a lot to celebrate. In the last year we have gone from bed rest and not sure if we would even have two babies, to two babies being born, one of which with a lot of small issues that were a bunch of worries for Ryan and I to worry-free parents with two healthy boys who are slowly catching up to one another in every way but their weight. Not to mentioned I have survived being a stay at home for the last year without going insane and will be starting work in August. So don't rain on my parade...we are celebrating!!! The party is set for the 26th of June. We decided to do it mid-morning to try and beat the heat. We are doing a train theme and have rented a train for train rides and a few other cute little things to appeal to the kids who will be attending. I am very excited and if nothing else the boys will look precious and we will have cute pictures and memories to reflect on when they are older.

What else is going on? Oh the boys both got their second hair cut last weekend. It was time. They had hair over the ears. I hate paying 16 each for baby haircuts and apparently it caught up with me because the other night I dreamed we went back and just to get Ryan’s hair cut it was going to cost $201 dollars. The barber and I got into a bit of an argument because I thought the price was outrageous and not to mentioned I cut Ryan’s hair and just used his cutters. I guess the dream originated from me wanting to go somewhere else cheaper and the fact that I now cut Ryan’s hair as opposed to him going and getting cut every other week.

Ok well that’s about all that going on in our little world. I am in desperate need of going to the grocery store and am hoping to go this evening once they boys are settled. Oh and my dishwasher has been recalled so we are without a dishwasher until the 16th of this month. WHAT!?! Ya...I don't know how they did it in the olden days, but I am not cut out for this.

I will work on uploading pictures and get new albums posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment