Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Of Those Weeks!

This week has just been one of those weeks. I could scream and I feel like I am up to my forehead in stress and things I need to do and take care of. It seems like one thing after another just keeps going wrong. We discovered a lot of things at the beginning of the week that needs to be taken care of and then from their things just keep escalading. Today Mom took Ryan's car to get it inspected and it needs a new tire so it failed inspection. I guess it could always be worse and I should be thankful for the little things, like supportive family members, healthy kids and a God who keeps my kids safe considering I nearly had the heart attack of my life. J & R were asleep upstairs and I was downstairs working on some school stuff when I heard a huge crash and shattering glass. I think I ran the fastest I have ever ran upstairs only to find two precious screaming kids. First thought in my mind was they fell out of their cribs but then the glass didn't make sense unless they got out and broke something.
I then saw that the shelf on the wall came off and all the sweet little baby collectible had fallen (and broke) all over the ground. While I was disappointed that this happened, I am so thankful that they weren't crawling anywhere near that area chasing each other around the chair like they often do. Sadly, their nap was a little short lived, but at least they got an hour in. I plan on cooking dinner for Mom and Ashley tonight so they get to take the boys out while I clean up the rest of the glass...I would do it now, but I think they have had enough of a scare without turning on the vacuum to top it off. Thank you God for having my boys tucked away safely when this occurred!
1 week and 2 days until the party! The 10 day forecast shows isolated thunderstorms…I will settle for party cloudy and even a afternoon downpour, but please be pretty out from 10-12!

No comments:

Post a Comment