Saturday, June 26, 2010

Choo Choo Bash

First of all let me just say that birthday parties are a lot of fun and a lot of work to pull off! Today we had Jason & Reece’s first birthday party with a train theme and from what I saw everything turned out wonderful aside from the heat, but that is to be expected with a summer birthday in June! My parents so graciously allowed us to use their house since they have plenty of room with the yard and patio. My Mom contributed to the food and Grandma Judi and Aunt Jana covered the cake and cupcakes for the kids which was so sweet and greatly appreciated. My college roommate, Sarah, also came in on Thursday and helped me hang decorations and what not on Friday. Also a big thank you! We rented a “jamming choo choo train” for the kids, and I set up a few play stations in the back yard to keep the kids entertained and busy.


All in all I believe everyone had a great time. The adults were all drenched and miserable due to the heat, but I am glad that I did it from 10 to 12 as opposed to 2 to 4 which was my original thinking. The kids I know had a blast including J&R who were pretty much filthy by the time it was all over and done with. The pictures I took really don’t even capture all of the elements of the party, but they are memories that will last a life time for my boys special occasion.
When it came time to sing happy birthday I had every intention of videoing the train rides, birthday song and the digging of the cake, but it just didn’t happen. I will have more pictures to come. Jennifer Pinto came out with John and she took well over 250 shots so I am sure there will be plenty more memories for us to reflect on to remember this special day. Thank you to everyone who joined and spoiled my rotten children with more toys, clothes and gifts than they will ever know what to do with. Our play room is packed at the moment, but I intend to rotate toys and bring birthday gifts out slowly over the next year :) (yah right!)
Here are just a few pictures. Once I have all of them I will create an album on snapfish and share for viewing. Thanks again family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment