Thursday, July 1, 2010

Its been exciting...

Well the boys have been one now for just a little over 24 hours. Yesterday on their actual birthday my Mom and I took them to Toys R Us (no we didn't add anymore toys to the collection but did get a few needed things)...My Great Grandmother use to always take us to Toys R Us on our birthday and would let us spend $100 on whatever we wanted. Mom wants to carry on the tradition in the future. After Toys R Us we went to SuperSalad. I figured it would be this great deal because the boys could eat a variety of stuff and have a little ice cream when they were done. As it turned out they weren't too hungry.

After we ate we went to Sam's to get stuff for this weekends camping trip. I stayed in the car with the sleeping babies while Mom ran in. While waiting in the car an ambulance pulled up...turned out a lady passed out in the bathroom. On our way to Target we were talking about how scary it would be to be in a store alone and to pass out. Our next stop was Target. I ran in to get a few things for our chili dog cook out (which turned out to be hot dogs in the oven due to the rain). Anyways while I was inside I dropped a can on chili on my big toe right on the joint. It hurt so bad. As I walking up to the front of the store limping, I could feel my body getting weak and a lady asked "are you ok?" Next thing I knew I was on the ground and a crowd of people were around me asking if anyone was with me and I said my Mom. Luckily the Target workers had enough sense to look in my cell phone and dial her number. Before my Mom got into the store with the boys I had stood up to get in a chair and fell right back over again. Yes, I passed out twice. So that was my excitement for the day. Apparently I don't tolerate pain or anxiety well. That evening I had invited my family and Ryan's mom over for dinner for the boys birthday. We had hoped to grill and let the boys play outside and sit on the porch but the weather didn't turn out. Plus, my Dad ended up having to work late and my sister had a deadline to meet and also didn't get home till late. Oh well...the boys had a long day and crashed pretty early.

Today I took them to their one year check-up. My Mom went with me and thank goodness she did because this time they knew they didn't want to be at the doctors office. They screamed bloody murder. It was awful. Jason went first and started screaming and then Reece who hadn't even had a shot yet started crying because Jason was crying. They were so terrified. Reece is up now and I just gave him some meds. He feels like he might have a low grade fever and is a little fussy, but seems content watching ShushieBye. We are about to head off to bed though. We have plans to go camping this weekend...please let the rain go away!


Here are the boys on their birthday...





(Always clapping)

No comments:

Post a Comment