Sunday, July 11, 2010

Over The Weekend...

I am up late and can't sleep for whatever reason...probably due to the fact that when I am in bed a billion different thought run through my head about everything that needs to be done. If I was smart I would be cleaning or working on things that need to be done now but I am exhausted...but can't sleep because the voice in my head won't turn off. Anyways this weekend was pretty relaxed. My parents had gone out of town camping again so my sister spent a lot of time over at our house which was nice. She and I rarely get time to just hang out without a bunch of other family around too. On Friday night we worked on painting some of my decorations for my classroom and then continued during the boys morning nap Saturday. When Ryan got home he wanted to go to Bass Pro Shop and offered to take both of the boys. WOW. As much as I wanted to say yes please, take them! I knew I couldn't. I know what its like to be out alone with them and furthermore how easily his patience can be tested so we compromised on him just taking Jason while I kept Reece. I honestly don't think he wanted both of them, I just think he knew that without taking them or at least offering I would not be happy with the fact that he was going to be gone the rest of the day. As it turned out it went great. My sister and I decided to go shop for Ryan some clothes for his new job. He starts in the morning at Bridgeway. He got an entry level position and I think it will be a nice change for him. Before we started shopping my sister treated me to her new love for sushi and now its my new love too. YUM. After shopping we stopped by Dollar Tree my new frequent shopping place for teacher stuff and then went to Tutti Frutti where Reece found his new love for frozen yogurt. By far a really good day...and we got Ryan a lot of stuff for a really great price! I just love TJ Max and Ross and love shopping for men because they are so easy!

Today was a little slow to start, but after my parents got home I went over there and wore the boys out with them. We did a lot of swimming and playing and by 6 they were beat tired. I brought them in and put them in the playroom while I was unloading things and when I came back in the house I couldn't hear them. They were both nearly asleep on the floor in the playroom. Poor boys...so they went to bed early tonight which means they will be up early too I am sure.

We have ECI in the morning. I really want to call the OT and discontinue services. I don't feel like Reece needs it as much as he once did when we were worried about him. Now its just a pain to get them dressed, feed and the house cleaned for her to come out and for us to sit and play and do things that I do with the boys all the time anyways. Most of the time the OT just watches him and tells me the same thing from the month before. I feel bad though saying your not needed and this isn't really helping. The one thing I have learned about Reece is he needs his own time and a lot of opportunities to explore and try things over and over. Sooner or later he will watch on and typically its about 4-6 weeks after Jason does it. Its so wild that they have had that gap between them for so long. Sometimes I wonder if they are really even true twins. Some things will never be understood I suppose.

For now I am going to go pick up the kitchen and go check on my boys. Its funny how when I am up alone sometimes I wish that just one one the boys would be awake and just let me hold them on the couch...which never happens. Oh and now when Jason doesn't want to do something or doesn't want what you feed him he shakes his head no and its obvious he is saying no...too cute but at the same time not the greatest thing in the world :) Kids, got to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment