Thursday, July 8, 2010

Its a man house and I just live in it...

Until recently I never thought anything about being in a houseful of boys, but WOW it is catching up with me. There's three things about boys that I have recently experienced and don't get me wrong I love all 3 of them dearly, but there is truly such a thing as "a mans world and a woman’s world".


Where to begin? Let's start with heir appetite. Many nights I will make an entire 9x13 casserole for just Ryan and I and by bedtime it is gone. REALLY? The other day I made a vegetable pasta and broccoli and asparagus and Ryan asks "are we on a diet?" as we sit down to eat. He didn't mean it in a rude way, but truly was curious where's the meat this is chick food, while I gobbled it up! Now I am starting to see that same little trend in my little boys too. They are like bottomless pits. Last night we ate dinner in the living room as opposed to the dinning room because the boys ate early because they were yet again hungry before our dinner was ready. I knew there was no point in putting them in the highchairs while we ate because it would only result in unhappiness. So my monsters now have a new name. As I was eating they were flocking me at my feet. Reece was grunting which I believe was code for "FEED ME MOMMA" and Jason was like a monkey crawling into my lap trying to grab my bowl. At THEIR dinner time I made a sweet potato and cut it up thinking half for dinner tonight and half for lunch tomorrow with a jar of green bean baby food. Fat chance, the little monsters ate all of the potato and the beans. So while I was trying to enjoy my dinner I shoveled a jar of peas and a jar of mixed vegetables in their mouth and laid out a mum-mum cracker for them each just so I could eat.
This morning was the same situation. We got u at 9. Jason had an 8oz bottle of milk at 5:30 and Reece had one at about 8:45 consisting of 6 oz. I thought of I will make them rice cereal with apples and myself two waffles. As it turned out they ate all of the cereal and were still hungry so I gave them one of my waffles, they ate the other 1/2 of apple baby food that wasn't used in the cereal, abut 15 or 20 of the graduates puffs each and 3/4'2 of a banana. REALLY? They out ate me...
My next "man world complaint" is the mess they leave behind. I am not a neat freak by any means, but order and straightening up is always nice. If I were to clean the kitchen, the dishes would go in the dishwasher after a rinse, all the food would be put away, and I would gather the dishes from the dinning room or living room and would start the dishwasher if it was full and then clean off the counters. Pretty routine...Last night Ryan said he would do the kitchen after I went to bed. This morning when I made the bottle at 5:30 I saw just how clean it was. At 6:40 when he came in to kiss goodbye he said "what are you going today?" and I responded with "clean" and he said "there isn't much to do I cleaned the kitchen" and he did mean well. Here's where I laugh because man and woman clean differently. Only the dishes that were in the sick made it into the dishwasher. (The dishes on the counter were still there and those in the living room) The dishwasher was still open and nearly full, counters still had all the food on them from dinner. My boys are still too young to clean up after themselves, but from the times I have spent around little girls, boys are much different. Mine love to get into everything that’s messy. As I was watching them play the night before last in their sand and water table it really made me laugh and think about all of the messes that will come in the near future. Boys live for messes. Jason was getting water into the sand area of the table and literally had mud from head to toe and he was splashing it with his hands.
It's just so funny to me...well I am off to give this house a woman’s touch. Wish me luck...oh and don't worry I have no intentions of trying to balace the number of boys vs girls in this house. I would rather not take my chances haha. I love the three I have now and one (possibly two more) would be one or two many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment