Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekends Already Gone!

The weekend went by so fast and Thanksgiving is just days away which means Christmas is even sooner. Over the weekend Ryan and I went to his Dads baby shower. Baby Braeden Lynn is expected to make his presence any day now, but his due date is on the 13th of December. I made my first diaper cake for the shower and it turned out to be a hit! I was super excited with the final product when I finished it up on Thursday night. So on Saturday the boys and I were at the shower while Ryan and his Dad went to Buffalo Wild Wings for wings and football. The boys were really good while we were there. I always get nervous when I take them places that they will be fussy, but they never seem to let Mama down! It was great to get see some of Ry’s family and to meet others that I hadn’t met or seen in a very long time, and who haven’t meet or seen the boys too. The shower was beautiful and they were blessed with some very nice gifts! Here are a few pictures of the boys with relatives at the shower….



 


On Sunday Ryan and I woke up with the munchkins and I made breakfast and started cleaning. I got annoyed because it seemed as though while I was cleaning more messes continued to keep popping up. Ryan ended up helping me out and I went and got my birthday massage while Ryan kept the boys for the first time by himself. I think he got a slight taste of what its like to be locked in with them for a couple of hours. They lived and were happy and content when I got home and that’s all I worry about! In fact they had a really good night. My mom came over for a little bit yesterday evening and we feed and then I bathed them. By 8:30 Jason was passed out in the swing and Reece was ½ awake in my arms. About 10:15 I feed Reece again and we took Jason up to his crib. J fussed a bit so we gave him a bottle and off to sleep he went till 6 this morning. I still had to get up with Reece at 2 and 6, but one baby during the night is always easier and less time consuming than two!

The week should be fairly easy. Today has consisted of house work both at my own and at Mom’s house. Tomorrow my sister comes into town (yippee) and on Wednesday we are going to get Christmas pictures made of the boys. Ryan has off Thursday, Friday and the weekend so that will be a nice little break for him. For the holiday, Ryan’s mom’s side of the family will be over for a Thanksgiving lunch and then around 3:30 we are going to get ready to go over to Ryan’s Dads side of the family. Ryan’s birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year so we are doing his family all day long…y family didn’t seem to mind since I told them we would catch them next year. They will be going to Luby’s. I don’t blame them. I wouldn’t want to do all that cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment