Monday, November 9, 2009

Tyler Weekend

Well I took the boys on their first road trip and they were so good! We left on Friday morning and headed to Tyler that morning. On the way we stopped once at Dairy Queen for lunch and feed the boys and then back to sleep they went until we got there. The same thing happened on the way home with the exception of a spit up episode from my little Reeceyman.

The weekend didn’t go exactly as I intended, but what in my life ever goes as planned? Friday night one of my friend’s sisters got into a really bad car accident but she is doing better now. So on Friday I went to dinner with my old roomie, Sarah, with my mom and the boys and then back to the casa for a while until bed. On Saturday I met up with another friend who also has a sweet baby boy and several of our friends joined us at one of the local parks. The boys loved being held (nonstop) and being outdoors. It was a really great outing and so nice to sit and talk with the girls. Melissa and Sarah also got me a cookie cake for my birthday!

Saturday evening was an adventure in itself and resulted in some a bunch of the girls who have already graduated going out for drinks and catching up. The night was fun and again so wonderful to sit and talk and laugh about old times. My plan was to stay till Monday, but we ended up coming home early on Sunday. It was nice to be back home with Ryan last night and back in my own bed. I am glad that I got to spend my birthday at home as opposed to on the road.

My birthday has been so relaxing. This morning Mom called and had made me breakfast so I had some yummy cinnamon rolls, eggs and bacon to get my day started. Then I left the boys with Mom while I knocked out my grocery shopping and got a wonderful deluxe pedicure! Ah it was so relaxing. When I got back home I cleaned up my house and am now back at my parents waiting on Ryan to get home to join us for dinner. Such an enjoyable day!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend (the other baby is my friend Morgan's little boy, Corbin)


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment