Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

I had the two most precious little turkeys for Thanksgiving! Jason and Reece had their first Thanksgiving surrounded with warmth, family, and good food! We started off the morning with me getting up and getting the boys dressed while Ry slept in for his birthday. Meanwhile the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade was on and I cooked muffins and had my mom and sister over for muffins, fruit, and orange juice. The teacher in me came out and I made them Thanksgiving hats…Ryan said I forgot about the pilgrims so next year they will wear construction paper pilgrim hats haha and use glue instead of tape!


After breakfast we waited on Ryan’s mom, sister and brother to come over with the Thanksgiving feast. A feast indeed it was! Ryan’s Mom had cooked everything you could imagine and brought it all to us. It was so good. I seriously could have eaten the potato casserole for the rest of my life. Needless to say it was just as good today for lunch too! After lunch we did the traditional thanksgiving (I don’t know what you call it, hobby?) by watching the Dallas Cowboys play. I couldn’t tell you if they won or not because I am not much of a football fan. By mid afternoon we had everything all cleaned up and we said our goodbyes and then packed up the diaper bag for our next round of festivities. (DeRinda, I cannot tell you how appreciative I am that you cooked all of that food, it was seriously really good! Thank you, we enjoyed very much!)

We spent the afternoon over at Grandma Judi & PawPaw Toms for a few hours. Ryan’s Dad side of the family doesn’t live as close so when they get to see the boys they are always so excited! We spent the evening talking, enjoying a second round of food, and of course passing off Jason and Reece. In other exciting news, Ryan’s dad and new wife, Lori, were not able to join us because during the night Lori welcomed baby Braeden. He was about an hour and half shy of being delivered on Ryan’s birthday. I thought for sure they were going to share a birthday when I went to bed Wednesday night and we still hadn’t heard anything.

Overall the holiday was really great and relaxing. It was wonderful to get to spend time with Ryan and his family as well as my mom and sister. This was the first Thanksgiving is 23 years that I haven’t had a traditional Thanksgiving with my family, but it was still very enjoyable. As for my family, my Dad had to work till 1 and my mom, sister, grandfather, dad and aunt all went to Lubys and made it easy since this year we were all doing our own thing! I think it’s safe to say that I have a lot to be thankful for this past year and have had been so very blessed!

Here are a few pictures from the day…











No comments:

Post a Comment