Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh the Weekend...

Sick babies aren't much fun. Friday night at about 2am I woke up with Reece burning up. I checked his temperature and he was running 102.2. Bless his sweet heart...he was so cranky and miserable so I put him in bed with me for a little while after giving him Tylenol. Resting in bed wasn't really working so i dressed him down to the diaper and wrapped a light blanket around him and rocked him for about an hour. By morning him fever was back down, but I didn't do much sleeping because I was a little worried. Even though the fever was down I called the doctor. They said that since I broke the fever there is no reason to bring him for a cough and congestion and I still can't give him anything over the counter due to him being small for his age. He didn't do too bad Saturday during the day. Ryan left to go hang out with his friends who were in town for the weekend so we spent the day at my Moms. I planned on staying there for the night with the boys since Ry was staying out, but that didn't work. The boys were soooo miserable and just don't sleep well unless they are in their beds. At about 10:30 I had about enough and loaded everything and everyone up to go back home. Jason cried it out in his bed for a bit before throwing up all over the place. I got him calmed down and cleaned up and then Reece started crying. We were up till one before everyone was sound asleep. At 2 Reece woke up to eat and then did the famous eruption of spit up out the nose. It doesn't happen very often anymore, but when he is congested it happens sometimes. So we had to change his bed sheets and then by 3 we were all back to sleep...WHAT A NIGHT!!! Once they were back up I came back over to my Moms this morning and we are cooking fajitas for a mid day lunch/early dinner to celebrate my sisters birthday that was this week. The boys seem to be doing better. Jason’s throw up I think was one of his typical once in a blue moon blows that he does. Reece is still coughing like crazy and his nose is runny. We will see how he is once the week gets rolling, but I have a feeling we will be checking in with the doctor again. These boys keep me on my feet. I just took a picture of them..Reecey is sleeping in Aunt Ashies arms and JJ is enjoying a little chow time with Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment