Thursday, February 4, 2010

Crazy Lady at the Grocery Store

Going to the grocery store is always an experience. If you don’t time it just right in the day and know exactly hat you are going in for I can always count on the shopping visit to be doomed! Luckily today wasn’t one of those days. We all woke up at 9:30 so I quickly threw on some clothes and make up and shuffled downstairs to prepare morning bottles. I then proceeded to quickly fill up the tummies of two very hungry little boys, throw them in the tub, and then before we knew it we were out the door.
People are always curious what it is like to go grocery shopping with two infants and how I do it alone. First of all, let me just say I have ran into several twin mommies at the grocery store and we all seem to have our own technique. Some have two baskets, others take in a stroller and push a cart…as for me I try to make it as simple as possible and the best word to describe our little caravan at the store is compact.

Jason is now a big boy and sits in the bucket seat up front, while Reece is still in his carrier and rides in the big part of the grocery basket. I usually have a pretty organized shopping list. I know when I go in to go to produce first, hit up the meats for fish, chicken and beef and then head down the frozen food isles for veggies. Then I head to the back of the store and loop around for eggs, milk, yogurt, and juice. Luckily that section of the store backs up to the back of the baby department where I stock up on baby formula. I always snag the cardboard crates that hold 6 cans of formula and place a total of 12 cans under the shopping cart. The rest of the food goes behind Reece in the cart…the biggest trick is not to cram too much into the buggy because it never fails at the checkout the bags are harder to fit back into the cart as opposed to the foods individually.

So there you have it. Normally I spend about 70 dollars at the store. So you can just imagine what we look like running up and down the isles with our little basket of goods and two most of the time sweet babies enjoying the ride. As for me I am the crazy lady at the store. I go full speed from one stop to the next and have very little patience for “isle cruisers” and “grocery gazers”. Most of the time I am either talking to myself or in baby talk making funny sounds and noises to keep from erupting in an outburst. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do in order to get by!

To add to the craziness in the parking lot today I snagged two really quick pictures one for my own memory and to have something to laugh at later in life, and two to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment