Monday, October 12, 2009

The Holidays

So for the last few weeks in my spare time I seem to keep reverting back to “what are we going to do about the holidays this year” in the back of my mind. Of course like most things I started stressing. This obviously will be the first year that I have had to worry about accommodating someone else’s family on top of my own. So after talking it over with Ryan here is the plan…

Thanksgiving: Ryan’s birthday this year falls on Thanksgiving so I told him that we could spend Thanksgiving Day this year with his family. Figure around noon or lunch time we will go to either Grandma Judi’s or his moms and then flip flop for the evening. Not really sure yet how he wants to work that our but I told him since it’s his family the ball is in his court as to how we spend the afternoon and who with etc. so that away it doesn’t fall back on me. As for my family we are going to do our thanksgiving with Mom & Dad on Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). There’s no possible way to accommodate Ryan’s Dads side, Moms side and then my family too. Then next year we will flip flop and do Thanksgiving Day with my family and catch his family either the day before or after etc.

Christmas: Luckily Christmas can easily be slip into two days no problem unlike Thanksgiving. It’s been tradition for a long time now with my family that we do Christmas gifts and celebrating on Christmas Eve. I already know Ryan’s Dads side of the family is going to be at Grandma Judi’s Christmas Day so the 24th is Christmas with my side of the family and the 25th will be time with his side of the family with Christmas morning being “family time” for just the boys and Ryan and I.

Halloween, Easter, St. Patrick’s and whatever else is out there isn’t usually such a big deal, but these two I knew I would have to think out ahead of time. We shall see how well it goes. It should be pretty smooth sailing and keep us from running all over the place with two 6 month old babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment