Friday, October 16, 2009

Beautiful Weekend!!!

I woke up this morning at 4:30am and started our normal routine…double up and feed both boys, burp, diapers, take boys downstairs and put one in the bouncer and one in the swing…then made Ryan’s lunch and breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen and got him up at 6. Usually he gets up at 6:30 and I drag him out of bed and send breakfast with him to go. This morning I was feeling up rather up beat and was ready to get things going so he finally got out of bed about a quarter after and I know this sounds lame but for about 5 minutes we sat on the couch and he just held me. It was so nice because he wasn’t in a rush to get out the door, the boys were sound asleep and I just had a feeling it was going to be a good day.

After he left the boys and I went back to bed together which is always my favorite part of the morning. I just love snuggling up to them and usually its Jason because he sleeps in his big boy bed most nights unlike Reece who I get to hold and love on in our room all the time. Around 9 we were all back up to do the feed, burp, diaper routine again and then I showered and while I did I opened a window and put the boys in their bouncers in front of it. They were so content just listening to the wind blow, having the sunshine beam in and listening to the bird chirp. T was really rather relaxing and they stayed there while I got dressed and dried my hair.

I laughed because last night the boys had been in a bit of a fuss and yesterday was a pretty fussy day. Long story short I made a comment to Ryan saying you know we have really good babies and he disagreed saying they cry all the time and if they are good he don’t want any more! Ha I thought it was funny. They really and truly are good babies. Like all babies they have their days and in the beginning it was hard for me to adjust but now I have learned that a little bit of crying goes long way and sometimes they just need to let it out! For the first time ever the other night I let Jason cry himself to sleep. He had plenty to eat, his diaper was clean and couldn’t possibly have a care in the world but no matter what we did he just wanted to cry. I eventually said enough was enough and took him to his crib and closed the door behind me as I left the room. I of course had the monitor on in our room in case he started making other noises but after about 25 minutes he was sound asleep. Reece on the other hand I don’t let do that. A little bit of a fuss for him turns into a big spit up and that’s no good.

We have pretty big weekend plans this weekend. I am already loving the weather but not my attire so much. When all else feels get out last years fall clothes! The only cath there is they are maternity but I was only a few months along when it got cool in Tyler. You can hardly tell they are maternity shirts but I do like them because they are long enough to hide what I still have left of my belly. I am finally able to suck in and smile I use to not be able to suck that blubber in. Little by little its fading…back to the weekend plans. My cousin Kim, is on her way to town now and should be here in about an hour and half from Austin. She hasn’t yet seen the boys and with the weather so pretty my Mom, sister, aunt and I are going to take her two kids and mine to Old McDonalds Farm tomorrow. Obviously J & R won’t be petting the animals by they LOVE being outside and as of lately they haven’t spent much time in the great outdoors due to the muggy weather and blood sucking mosquitoes. They will enjoy the stroller ride and I’ll take the strap on baby carrier too in case they want a little piggy back ride. I am really excited about it!
I think that is all for now. I should have some really great pictures of all the kids come Sunday. I hope the pretty weather sticks around!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment