Sunday, October 25, 2009

Catching Up!

I haven't updated since our wonderful day outside that turned out not so wonderful. While the boys enjoyed the great outdoors the breeze took a toll on their little face so for the last few days they have had a bad case of wind burn. You would have never of guessed because the redness didn't show till about an hour later after they had been inside taking a nap. I nearly lost it because I panicked something was terribly wrong. Luckily they never ran a fever and no vomiting occurred so we were in the clear besides applying lotion and vitamin e. They look much better now. Jason's is pretty much all cleared up and by mid week I think Reece's will be too. Poor babies, bad mommy. Everyone I tell the story to says ohh its ok when my kids were little...and then tells me their awful mother story.

I haven't updated since last Tuesday...on Wednesday Ryan's brother came home and was in town so on Wed. night Trevor and Derinda, Ryans mom, all came over for dinner. Thursday is a blur and I don't remember what we did? On Friday Katherine and Nolan came over and brought the boys Mason and Nolans old baby toys. The boys love love love the new "jungle gym" and now have a wide variety of car seat and stroller toys to entertain them with! Afterwards Aunt LaLa ended up coming over and later my Mom. After sitting around talking my Mom and I walked over to her house with the boys and needless to say with my sister in town and Ryan working on Saturday we spent the weekend at my parents. Literally Friday and Saturday night we slept there and everything and came back to our house this morning. It's like a get away for me to have so many extra hands and my mom, dad and sister like having the boys around too. We watched movies both nights and relaxed for the most part!

Today we were suppose to attend Clear Lake Regional NICU Reunion Carnival but I decided against it. Ryan didn't get out of bed till about 11 this morning, I had been up off and on since about 3 am with Reece and it started at one. Not to mention it was a very sunny and windy day and my little munchkins faces didn't need anymore burn to that fresh skin. So for today we stayed home and Ryan invited his Mom over for her 46th birthday. With her was her mother and Trevor. I made a big late lunch for us all and we spent the afternoon holding babies and loving on the boys. Granny Jean hadn't seen the boys in a while and she came over with her granny brag book of pictures of the boys that her friend Helen had printed off for her. It was rather cute. Ryan and Trevor are still spending some brotherly time together at the house watching football and the boys are sleeping after a short walk from our house to my parents.

Now its time to head back to the house and get ready for another week. The boys have their 4 month old checkup this week and then on Saturday my Mom is having a garage sale. We aren't sure what are plans are yet for Halloween...we talked about possibly going over to see Grandma Judi and PawPaw Tom sometime this weekend and Ryan suggested Saturday so he could scare the Trick-Or-Treaters. I don't the kid in him is ever going to grow up! Hope everyone has a great week! Here are a few pictures of Ryan's family from Wed. & today.



No comments:

Post a Comment