Wednesday, September 30, 2009

3 Months Old!

Three months ago today I was recovering from my c-section with my 2 pound 12 ounce and 5 pound 2 ounce baby boys still uncertain if there would be any complications after all the worrying and concerns the medical staff had. Now I sit with my 8 pound 3 ounce and nearly 13 pound (haven’t weighed him this week and was going to today but he didn’t need a bath this morning ha) baby boys. At 3 months here are some things I am noticing the boys do.

Jason: holds up his head really well, smiles, and is starting to coo and laugh, is sleeping through the night here and there (about 11pm till 5 or 6am on good night)
Reece: is still working on holding up the head and just about has it, he has incredibly strong legs for being such a little guy and wants to smile so badly, he too is sleeping pretty good at night but is still in the cars eat/with us because of the reflux

I still haven’t seen them roll over, but they are certainly good “scooters”. They scoot and move around a bunch. Jason can be sleeping one way and come in the next morning and is on the opposite side of the bid facing a different direction. Reece does it too, but just not as fast.

As for any concerns in regards to their health…no not really. Quick recap…Jason is healthy as a horse (and is starting too get as big as one too). Reece had his heart murmur checked out and he has a small hole but the doctors feel that its not anything to worry about and as he grows it will go away. Still have to see the urologist to get his manhood fixed but that’s about as serious as it gets for the little miracle who was at one point given a 10% chance. I sometimes worry about his eyes. I know he can see, but he just doesn’t focus very well still and one eye tends to wander every now and then. From what I have read it takes preemies longer to adjust so I have my fingers crossed that’s all it is!

Happy 3 months boys…you’re a fourth of the way to your first birthday party! (which by the way I can’t wait to throw!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment