Tuesday, September 22, 2009

...and we are back!

Let me first begin with we are finally getting sleep! Jason and Reece both have been sleeping pretty good at night. The last few nights both of them have been fighting the initial lay down its time to go to sleep but by 11 it takes place and then they sleep till 5 or 6 the next morning. Sometimes if its close to Ryan having to get up anyways I give him one and I take one and usually the boys will go back to sleep with me in bed till 9:30 or 10. I am loving that! Jason is sleeping in his crib in the baby room but Reece is switching back and forth still between in bed with me and the car seat next to our bed. Both of them only like to sleep on their tummies if they aren’t in bed with me so I let Jason since he is now able to flip and flop and move his head around. Reece on the other hand isn’t at that point yet…

Over the weekend we all had the pleasure to visit with the boys grandparents on Ryan’s side of the family. On Friday I took the boys over that afternoon and Ryan joined us once he got off work. This was one of few times I had both boys with me in the car alone. Ah. I had to stop at Sonic and feed Jason a little because the “snack” before we left wasn’t enough obviously. There is nothing worse than screaming baby while your driving times two! On the way home it was Reece screaming so I had one hand on the wheel and the other reaching behind the seat holding his nunu in his mouth to keep him calm. I hate when both of them cry but especially Reece because it upsets his tummy and then he usually starts spitting up more. Anyway we had a lovely evening with Ryan’s Dad’s family, the boys Great Great Grandma Jackie, Grandma Judi and Judi’s sister June and of course PawPaw Tom. This was Grandma Jackie’s first time to meet little J & R so they were able to get several 5 generation pictures.



On Saturday I got up and cleaned the house and got ready for Ryan’s other grandmother to come over. Granny Jean is Ryan’s Moms mother. This was her first time to see J & R since they had been out of the NICU. Along with her was a dear friend named Helen. Both of them were o delighted to be in the presence of the little munchkins and just adored them. Granny Jean brought in lots of goodies for our pantry and we spent the afternoon chitchatting while Ryan was in bed. Sadly he was yet again sick with a cold.




On Sunday we woke up and got ready for pictures! The boys and I stayed over at my Mom’s because Ryan was sick and I am not about to get them or myself sick or we will really be up a creek without a paddle! Mom helped me a lot with the boys as she usually does and then we had a nearly 2 ½ hour photo session here at the house. One of my moms friends so kindly came out with what seemed to be here entire studio and took pictures of Ryan and I with the boys, individuals of the boys with each of us, some of the just the boys alone and a few of my mom and I with the boys. I cannot wait to see how they turn out. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have them back. Carrie is in the works of editing and going through them. She took a little over 600 shots. I guess with babies you have to take that many to get a few good ones of them looking and not crying. J & R handled it like champs though. They did really good till the end and then they let us know enough was enough.

Well the week seems like it is already lying by and before I know it it will be Friday again. Yesterday my Meme and Pawpaw came out to the house which was wonderful because I got all of my laundry done and took a shower while they loved on J & R. Today I have been over at my Moms since early this morning and am cleaning up her house. Tomorrow I have to take Reece to The Woodlands for his cardio visit and then Thursday I go back to the doctor. I am hoping the rainy weather goes away by the weekend and its cool outside. MY sister will be in town and I would love to take the boys to the park or somewhere outdoors and get some cute pictures and a day out of the house and then on Sunday we are having family over for my Dads birthday. Certainly looking forward to another great photo op!

No comments:

Post a Comment