Thursday, April 30, 2009

In case you didn't know buns soak up water!

Today is just another day. Was up late last night off and on, took my prevental for contractions at 3 am and was up by 7:15 for the usual breakfast call, weight and Thursday morning ultra sound. My boys look “good, but not great” as the doctor said. Jason now has too much fluid in his sac so today I am on sugar patrol. I told him I don’t just sit around and eat junk and he said I know you don’t but breads, fruit and peanut butter all has candy. I was thinking up and that’s what you all feed me! Today it’s a limited movement kind of day for me due to the abundance of fluid to prevent the sac from breaking. Dr. Rowe said it’s like filling up a balloon with water…too much and it pops. As for Reece its still just one little artery in his cord that still shows signs of resistance. They always comment about how little literature and information there is on his situation because of it being so rare. They laughed and said we should write a case study up and get it published. I almost wished they would use me for science just to prevent somebody else’s baby from being teeny tiny!

I now weigh 143 pounds. It jumps around. Two weeks ago I was 145, 4 days later 148, Monday 144 and today 143? It might be because the first week on bed rest was at home and I ate GOOD food. Then I got here and they forced me with stuff and I gained and now I can’t even identify what is on my plate sometimes so that makes it difficult. Yesterdays broccoli I thought was the worst, but today’s chicken sandwich looks like it was used to mop the cafĂ© kitchen. The bread is soaking wet and the chicken has random meet and burned charcoal pieces stuck all over it LOL. I called the chef and am waiting on a new one…

As for the contractions they go up and down all the time. Last night in the hour of monitoring I had 4 true contractions. This morning I was contracting when they did my ultra sound and then while on the monitor I was having continuous braxton hicks…so we are still good, but Dr. Rowe did say he might need to boost the medicine with something strong before long.

I think that’s about it for now. Ryans Mom came up yesterday and brought me new PJ’s so I am about to shower and change (again). They look super comfy and I was in need of some new ones! Thank you so very much! My parents also came up for a few hours and took home stuff that I wasn’t using and we sat around chit chatting. On a side not my aunt sent a fun little gift package of random stuff and the coolest thing of all was the blessing ring. Ill have to take a picture when I get off the monitors to show you. It’s a ring and you add all your little blessings, notes and positive encouragement to it as you go through the pregnancy. Its really sweet! I added my two peas in a pod necklace from my cousin and the charm my aunt also got to it and it hangs nicely on my wall. Today I think Amy & baby Dom are going to come by to say hello and visit. Ryan was supposed to be here tonight but woke up with a soar throat and headache. My Dr. told me absolutely no one should visit if they have symptoms of anything (even a headache) till they have been symptom free for a minimum of 24 hours. He said this a precaution with all that’s going on right now. Anyways it sucks I won’t be seeing my Ryan Shea tonight, but I think Mom and Ashley might come by this evening. Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment