Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Contraction Update

After taking the Abuterol last night it seemed to help with the contractions. The side effects of that stuff is rather intense. As I laid in bed I could feel my pulse throughout my whole body…you name it and it was throbbing. I got a goodnight sleep, but of course like any normal person I had dream after dream about something going wrong. Ryan told me I need to relax and not worry. I told him I agree, but it’s different from a Mommy point of view than it is a Daddy point of view.

This morning I got up and they were performing a pelvic exam on with in minutes of my eyes being open. It’s shortening but still closed which is good. They also performed another test called Ferrah F….something. The test is designed to detect a certain chemical or hormone being released by your body. The chemical or hormone if present means you can expect labor within a two week time frame. Luckily, God answered my prayers last night and many others and the test came back normal. This means we should be able to get up to 28 weeks even while having very irregular and slight contractions. 28 weeks is still the goal for now because that would put Jason at 28 weeks and Reece at 23 weeks which is just barley viable for my little man. Dr. Rowe has alread said that at 26 weeks each baby is looking at a 50/50 chance of survival.

Just thought I would share the updates and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the prayers. They are monitoring me right now for contractions again. It’s showing that I am having Braxton Hicks. I also just chugged prune juice (gag me) to see if maybe I am a little crampy for other reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment