Monday, January 11, 2010

Reflecting

Wow. I am working on my scrapbook for the boys and needless to say I am still in the pregnancy and the first month so I haven’t had much time for progress. Today I was making a timeline of key events from my pregnancy and thought back to the day when I saw Doctor Rowe and how I was hit with one thing after another unexpectedly…can’t go back to school, your on bed rest starting now, bed rest will take place in the hospital till the babies are born, Baby B probably only has a 10% chance of surviving….Bam Bam Bam one thing after another. It was as though his list wasn’t going to stop!

As I was thinking about all of that today there are visual images that pop out in my head of that first week prior to going into the hospital. It’s really weird because for a split second all of the emotion struck me again today and then I snapped out of it and smiled right as Reece woke up from his nap and started crying. I guess that was Gods way of brining me back down to reality and reminding me that his cry is a precious gift.

Now I look back on that day with a mischievous smile as I sit here done with school, healthy and have two beautiful sons who are my whole world. I sometimes wonder if I cherish my children more than those who didn’t almost loose theirs. I know that sounds awful, but I just can’t imagine anything greater than seeing them as they are today despite the issues we have had with Reece. In my mind I see them as perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment