Monday, January 25, 2010

No worried we aren't MIA

I haven't posted in over a week. Here is a quick run down of what we have been up to but I couldn't even tell you what day we did what because the last week has been kind of a blur in some ways...
One day last week we meet up with a friend of mine from college, Anna, at the Woodlands Mall for a little time out of the house. We made the mistake of going to lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory and Jason was awful...I mean AWFUL. At one point I really thought we were going to have to leave because he is starting to reach that age where he doesn't want to sit in his stroller and he doesn't always want to be held either. It was so nice catching up with Anna, who is now Mrs. Skalka since she got married this past month!

Another today my friend Sheila came over and spent several hours hanging out keeping me company while cooking a casserole (lol) and of course played with babies too! We spent a couple of pretty warm afternoons outside playing in the Garage with the doors open so the boys could get some outside time without being in the direct sunlight (since we know what happens when we do that!)

One day my Meme and PawPaw came out to the house. I believe that was on Thursday of last week and they enjoyed the time with the boys. On Friday I met back up with Sheila and her nephew and our friend Jennifer for a walk. We walked with babies for about an hour and half. Hopefully if the weather permits this can be a new weekly occurrence. The boys love being outside and they enjoy their stroller rides (as long as you keep them moving).

What else happened during the week? Oh ya, we had a power outage for several hours one afternoon. Luckily once it started getting dark my Mom came to the rescue as always and we loaded up and went there. Once power came on she helped me bathe the boys and get the all nestled up for bed. What would I do without her? (Other than really go crazy!)

Over the weekend we were busy busy busy. Our task for the weekend was to get most of the leaves from the front yard raked and burned. I did most of the raking while Ryan did the moving and burning of piles. All and all it pretty successful except we have more on the ground because we have so many trees. We could probably rake every day if we wanted to (but we don't). However, I do want the yard cleaned up because with spring on its way I want to be able to play in the grass and out front in the shaded area without worrying about snakes or anything to that extent.

To wrap up the weekend we went to Texas Road House with Ryan’s family for an early dinner on Sunday and then over to Grandma Judis for a little while that evening before starting another crazy week. Well I think that about wraps our MIA report. Here are a few pictures that I have to share. (I have got to start taking more like I use to! Did you know in their first 2 months of life I took over 3,500 pictures on my camera. Crazy I know! I guess we were just excited! Haha)



(Left) Reece & Baby Brae sleeping after dinner. (Right) Tummy timeon the table!



(Left) Jason wants to get up and go soooo bad! Won't be long! (Right) Grandma Judi was using Reece as a duster by scooting his little bottom around since he couldn't sit still & he loved it! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment