Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'll Show You!

At the 6 month appointment this week I was told to go ahead and introduce Reece to eating with a spoon because delaying could cause problems with his oral motor skills even though he probably wouldn’t be ready for it. Then when I was at the GI doctor with him this week they said he didn’t have the oral motor skills o eat solids and it would take 2 -3 months of introducing before he was able to get the hang of it…

So last night was his first round of feeding. I started with just the rice cereal. He was taking it and swallowing but you could tell he didn’t care for the taste so I mixed it with the vegetable of the week (sweet potatoes) for him and he gobbled it all up like it was a Thanksgiving feast! He loved it! In other news Reece is now also rolling over back to stomach. He hates being on his tummy so after a few minutes he realizes what he did and starts to cry until he is turned back to his back. Here are pictures from his feeding. I have a video too but it is too big to upload.






Also yesterday the boys started off their morning playing (or shall I say watching Dom) when Amy came by. Jason was so facinated by him. I can hardly believe how big they are all getting. Dom has already taken his first step. We have taken several pictures of the 3 boys side by side. Here is the most recent. Dom will be one next month!


Last but not least I snagged a few pictures of last night. The boys started off sound asleep in their beds but that was short lived so we ended up watching baby Einstein in bed with me until they couldn’t hold their little eyes open much longer and then were put back into the crib. Something tells me I am going to miss these days…




That’s about all that’s new with us for now. We did cereal again this morning and Reece did wonderful once again. Jason is still struggling with his tongue. Part of me wonders if it is normal. It’s as though he has no control of it when he swallows and just doesn’t know what to do with it. Oh well with time it will come together. That seems to be our common trend here. As for me I am headed back home to do some serious house cleaning and hoping it keeps my mind off of our nearly 400 dollar electric bill this month! Ugh please warm us up soon Mother Nature!

3 comments:

  1. These pics are wonderful girl. I'm so glad to hear all the updates! And way to go Reece for eatin like a big-boy! Major props!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear he is proving them wrong again! Go Reece go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big they have gotten. That pic on top is priceless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete