Sunday, May 9, 2010

Reece Update

So I haven't had the chance to update on Reece since he had his surgery, but he is doing great. On Monday he was up on all fours trying to crawl around. I had extra hands with us this week to help keep Jason off Reece and all because Reece has his catheter. He hasn't been too fussy or bothered by it all like the doctors said he would. Once again he proved them wrong. I will be taking him downtown tomorrow to have the catheter removed and then I guess from there we will see what they say. During the surgery they were suppose to do three procedures; construct a new hole to urinate from, straighten his penis and also circumcise. Once they cut the skin on his penis, the penis automatically straightened out. Basically the skin was causing it to curve. Poor kid…I think the worse part of this week has been having to sponge bathe him. He loves his bath time and hates being restricted so that has been a battle. I am hoping after tomorrow he can be back to his old self again. Thank you for all your prayers and kind words!

No comments:

Post a Comment